Status
Not open for further replies.

kazzy

Hey there everyone,

Saw neuro on Tuesday and I must say firstly she is a very nice person but most importantly she is very good. I can see she is very thorough and is going "cross all the t's and dot all the i's."

She ordered a blood test for everything under the sun including myasthenia gravis which is what you would think the other neuro should have done especially considering my breathing issues. So of course we are hoping that it is that but she also observed the atrophy in my right hand and forearem which is most affected. Don't think you get atrophy with mg?There is also spasticity and hyperreflexia in right upper limb.

Don't really know what else she observed clinically just that my right hand is partially paralysed. That is why she is testing me rigorously because she knows something is wrong it is just a matter of what!

Of course I will have to endure another mri to rule out ms although she hasn't mentioned a lumbar puncture thank God!

Can't get in for emg until end of June so it is all a waiting game.

Hoping you guys are all in good spirits and powering on. I know for myself I have to pick myself up DAILY as this thing has a way of getting me down. In a weird sort of way I just want answers I think the not knowing is the worst part even if the answer is something you don't want to hear. Does that make sense?@@@@!

Cheers,

Kazzie

Know How Your feeling

Feel the same way , the not knowing is is driving me crazy. I Had my EMG today and still need The MRI. I have no other symptoms other than slurred speech ,I am preparing for the worst but am hoping for some good news. I only found this website yesterday, but think it will help knowing there are a lot of people in the same boat. Take and good luck.

Kazzy,

I am thinking of you hoping for the best. I definitely agree waiting is the worst.

Terri

Yes, not knowing is harder than knowing. At least when you know then you can plan for the future. When you don't know it is hard to know what to do and what options are open. Yes contrary to popular belief there are options with this and most other diseases. When you get a confirmed diagnosis then you will be looking for more answers. Until then try to stay calm (hard, but been there done that). By the way Kazzy do you mnd if I ask where you are from?

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanx for your kind words. ....and for Grandpa Al. I'm from Bribie Island, Queensland, Australia.

Thanks Kazzy. I'm just a curious kind of guy I guess and it does help to know where someone is from because as you are probably aware health care differs from state to state let alone different countries. Welcome and have a good day. Al.

Hi Kazzy

I know how you feel not knowing. I had all kinds of tests to rule out everything else and was told I have what they call spastic paraparesis. Then I said I wanted a 2nd opinon and was referred to the dr. in charge of the ALS clinic in Hershey, PA. He did more tests and basically told me the same thing. Eight months later and a 2nd EMG, He said it is definitly ALS. It was hard to hear that but now I know exactly what I'm dealing with. Hang in there and never lose hope.
Gordie

Amazing

:mrgreen: I know it's hard not knowing but you people who do know are amazing people! Here you are encouraging someone who may only be diagnosed with mg or ms to hang in there and not lose hope........ you are all incredible.:)

Actually I was reading somewhere about the depression rate in people with ms compared with als, and apparently the als group are a lot lower. They seem to just get on with things and battle on despite their disabilities. I think there is something going on in the brains of people with ms that contributes to the high depression rate though.

You go guys!

Like I've said a lot of times before. One day at a time and do as much as you can while you still can. Watch this site tomorrow. I'll tell a story about my escapades today that'll make you laugh or make you say what a crazy bas-ard.

Gotta have a sense of humour

Al said:
Like I've said a lot of times before. One day at a time and do as much as you can while you still can. Watch this site tomorrow. I'll tell a story about my escapades today that'll make you laugh or make you say what a crazy bas-ard.

Yes you need to have a sense of humour and know how to laugh or you will end up like grandpa Al!

Can't wait to read about your crazy escapades!:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back