Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Weir
I just wanted to let everyone know that a PALS is the same person they always were. My family has been only been dealing with my sil diagnosis for about a month, but, let me tell you that once you take a day and just let it go (even for a little while), you can still laugh and just have a ball. She has weakness in her hands and slurs (everyone that doesn't know about her ALS thinks she drunk) and we went Saturday and were just the same two chicks that we have always been. ALS did come up a few times, but, we actually had a day without tears, we went to the Saturday flea market, out to lunch and came home a made beef stew in a pumpkin-yes, in a pumpkin (thanks Martha Stewart). That evening, we were in the kitchen laughing about something (I'm sure something stupid) and I saw my husband just looking at us. Later, when I asked him what that was all about, he just smiled and said that it was good to see us back to our old selfs-same as always. I don't think that I will ever forget Saturday and I just want to let everyone know that there is a light that shines down on us each and every day!

Tanya, very well put. And a great story!

Thanks for sharing that.

It is so good to see a positive post. I too had a great time last week with my sister and BIL. We laughed so hard she peed on herself. What were we laughing about? Just silly things we use to do in our younger days. I have a lot of memories from the past 62 years. It is so good to take time to reflect and enjoy memories. Like the bible says a merry hearts does good like a medicine. :lol::lol::lol:

Agreed, I had to say that it was so nice for someone to talk about us pals as just the normal us, sometimes on the forum people get so caught up on the fact that they might have a motor neuron disease that they forget a lot of us actually do, and we would rather be seen as the normal us, good to see a post about a pal being a "PAL"......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back