Salsa Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what you are talking about Rose!

Look to the left.... See under your name it says blah blah blah about information about you, and then.......... and then (repeated for emphasis) it says "posts 173" ? we had/have the same number..... but, you know, if I have to explain it, it loses a little spontaneity :-| (I'll try to deal with it)

Did you see where she's going to post the recipe? yay :)

HuH? I still don't get it? ;-)

HuH? I still don't get it? ;-)

hahaha (for a second there I thought you were serious) ..... I was away from the computer struggling with the cork screw again. I was "this" close to bringing the bottle over to my next door neighbor (we live in a co-op, not exactly a far distance) when I finally succeeded. I think I'm going to have to invest in one of those super duper no effort involved wine openers.... Anybody that likes a nice reasonably priced but great tasting red wine, you could try "Sly Dog Cellars" Cab/Sav '04... it would go nicely with some salsa 8) ~ and for those of us that don't swallow all that efficiently, that means we can keep those chips and salsa with us all night if we want LOL.

NOW we're talking! It is about time we started to discuss the really important issues around here.:-D

Congratulations on the winning salsa recipe! I am more partial to the other type of salsa, salsa dancing, that is. In the old days I was a mean merengue and cumbia dancer, although I also took some salsa lessons.

Congrats on the winning! I love salsa, my friend has a tomatoe garden and has a tomatoe party every year with fresh tomtoes and salsa with bloody mary's. It is great.

Rose~ I have a easy wine opener that my mom gave me and it would work great for you I think, it does for me. I loooove red wine! My nieghbor got us into baby brunella, yikes! that is expensive. I can drink all types of wine. We have a few folks with wine cellers around here, I cant go there with 3 young kids!~ I cant spend $120 on wine when I have to buy a Wii!

tc,
apri;

Recipes posted

Sorry for the delay - it has been a rough week health wise. Enjoy the recipes

Canajun Salsa

4 cups of Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped coarsely
1 Jalapeno peppers, sedded and chopped finely
½ cup each of red and green bell peppers, diced
¼ cup Maui onion, chopped finely
½ cup of Spanish onion, chopped finely
½ cup of red onion, chopped finely
1 bunch cilantro, remove stems and chop finely
2 tsp dry granulated garlic
1/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
2 Tbsp vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp salt
1 Med Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced medium

Instructions:
Mix all of the above ingredients together except for the avocado, When ready to serve: add avocado, adjust salt. If more heat is desired, either more jalapeno or a small serano pepper can be added.

Chili Verde

Ingredients:
2 lbs Pork Loin - Cubed
4 Anaheim chilis, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp. Salt
4 cloves Garlic
2 cups Water
5 Jalapenos – Seeded and chopped
1 Medium Onion - Chopped
3 tbsp. Ground Cumin
2 cans Chicken Broth
2 tbsp. Green Tabasco Sauce
8 oz. Green Enchilada Sauce

Instructions:
Mix together Salt, Cumin, and set aside.
Blend together Jalapenos and Green Sauce. Set aside.
Gray pork in frying pan. Set aside.
Combine Chicken Broth, Half the Water, Onion and Garlic in Cooking Pot. Heat until Onion is translucent. Add Anaheim peppers, blended Jalapenos, Pork and 1-1/2 Tbsp of Cumin mixture to pot. Continue cooking over medium heat. After one hour, add 1 Tbsp Green Tabasco Sauce and another 1-1/2 Tbsp of Cumin mixture. After 2-1/2 hours, add Green Tabasco Sauce and Cumin mixture. Salt, thicken or thin sauce to suit.

jskierz Thank you!

you're a sweetheart to take the time to post the recipes. I'm sorry to hear that its been a hard week for health, hopefully this holiday weekend will be nice for everyone! thanks again! :)

Thanks Rose - we are competing in a BBQ competition this weekend - I am not letting anything stop me from things that we have planned. Pork Butt, brisket, chicken and ribs and a chance to cook at the Jack Daniels if we win.

Good luck this weekend ... and thanks for those yummy recipes!

BethU

Great work, Congrattt to you nd your family, It seemed big day for you.

Hey Congratulation!Good job..keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back