Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Flower Mound
So Sat said goodbye (or should say I didnt say those words) to mom..it was the most heartwrenching hardest thing I ever did,..we cired and cried..I told her to come visit me as one of her fav birds and that one day we would walk on the beach again like we did in Florida every year for miles and miles...she can barly talk now and her writing on her board was really hard to read..I am so happy I went up there to see her..back in Texas, good to be home and back to "normal"...my aunt said she is down now that I am gone..
even the doc thought she looked so good when I was there...

I hate this disease more than anything..it is horrible and time for a cure!

thank you for all your kind words and support..

pandabear

I'm glad you went, and hopefully you'll be there visiting soon. I'm sure it's heartwrenching to see your Mom so ill... I wonder if you can send her a card or note a couple times a week that they can read to her? Or set her up with an email so you can write to her directly?

I said goodbye to my mom who died from ALS 20 years ago. My heart and prayers go out to you. I see you are from Flower Mound. I live in the metroplex area as well.

Panda bear I know how hard this has to be on you. This is one monster of a disease. Big HUGS to you.

Although I'm glad you were able to have the chat with her, I'm sorry you had to. I hope you both found hope in the comfort you provided each other.

So glad you got to spend some time with your Mom. There is no one quite as special as our Mom's! You'll find a way to stay in touch - send her cards, write letters etc. Hugs!

I'm so glad you were able to go and hope you can contact her by the methods mentioned. I'm proud of your courage and doing the right thing, as hard as it was! Thinking of you!

Jen

Panda,

I am so glad you got to see your mom, and it obviously was good for her too. It takes a lot of strength to keep from shying away from the inevatable but going there and being with her will give you peace. This disease is horrible, but with god's good grace he will grant us what we have all been praying for, a cure, and soon. *hugs*

yes, mom has email and brother and sis in law will make sure she gets to see them..I told her I would send lots of email and pcitures too.

Mom slipped into a coma last night...stepdad and brother there, more family heading to be with her..i will be able to call and talk in her ear later today..she is going very fast and we are happy about that..but this is so darn hard..wish I was there...
me and my aunt wrote her obit yesterday..wow that was an experience...

I know she is not in pain, gives me comfort..I cant believe this is happening...

panda....

Pandabear, I am so sorry to learn this. What great comfort though to both of you that you got to spend a little time together earlier. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and the family.

Oh Pandabear, I'm so sorry for you and your family... praying that peace will come soon for your Mom.

I'm very sorry. I know it meant the world to your mother to have seen you when you visited. Take care dear.

So sorry to hear of your mom's recent decline. I hope peace comes to you all,
soon. My prayers are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back