Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NE
City
Omaha
I’m terribly sorry for coming back to this forum. I have tried to watch “could this be als” posts to see if someone had similar symptoms and I could watch those and see what the responses. I posted on here a month ago about some symptoms that were occurring in my arms and body. I do have anxiety and that’s something I have begun to work on with a counselor and medication. I hate that I’m back on here taking time out of others lives. I try to read the stickies when I’m feeling down but ultimately it lead me back to posting.

My symptoms a month ago included perceived weakness and stiffness in my hands and twitching and I sort of got through it. The weakness feeling is still sort of there but I haven’t dropped anything. The stiffness is definitely there in my right hand and I worry it is spasticity. It feels like it’s harder to fully open my hand and that I’m stretching it to open it. My knuckles and fingers crack a lot when I do open my hand or try and make a fist. When I’m buttoning my shirt it seems like it takes a little more effort but I can still do it. My wrist feels weak as well and like it’s not fully
the twitching has gotten more significant in my opposite arm (left arm) and it feels as if it does it about every 30 minutes to an hour. I also have twitching in my lips and tongue.

I want more tests ran but my doctor has not responded on what I should do. Should I be requesting a neurologist apppintment? I just got married and I feel like I’m putting a burden on my wife with all of these terrible thoughts. I want to live my life to the fullest. My counselor asked me what I would do if I found out I had a terminal illness and I told him I would live my life to the fullest and he said well you’re wasting your time whether you have one or not.
My true worrisome symptoms are as follows:
Stiffness (spasticity?) in right hand
Minor weakness in right hand or feeling of weakness and not able to grip as hard as I used to
Twitching in left arm, lips, and tongue

I truly hope I am not offending anyone by posting this. I hope I can serve as someone new users can look at and realize that health anxiety can hurt people physically.

Congratulations on your new marriage.

You have answered yourself -- there is no reason to think of ALS. And yes, anxiety does have physical effects. That said, if your doc is not responsive to requests for clarification, you may wish to send another message or consider a new one.

Best,
Laurie

Past thread here: Anti depressants not treating symptoms

Note that your last thread was closed and you were asked not to post at that time. Please continue to access counseling and the online anxiety forums if you need support. Continuing to search and engage here will only serve to feed your anxiety about a disease you do not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back