sad news that has me very scared and depressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, Patsy.
It was exciting to hear from you, we missed you!
I am glad that you are having some positive experiences and will be able to share some good time with your boys.
Hugs and prayers, Leah

You are loved!

I will pray for you and your family. Don't give up and try to enjoy each day and the blessings that God does give to you. Focus on the good things and know that God will take care of the rest. My name is Patsy also, so we can be sisters. Keep your chin up! My brother has ALS and he is very fortunate, as he has a wife, daughter, family and friends that support him to the fullest. My brother has something that he puts in every e-mail that he sends. It is the following:
DPPHGLLL* Don't Postpone Praying, Hugging, Giving, Living, Laughing, Loving!

Remember that attitude is everything. Keep up your spirits. I care about you even though we have not ever met.

Patsy--

Welcome back to the board! I had been wondering where you'd gotten to as well! It is so good to know that you are able to keep going after all you have been through. I've been reading about your experiences for the past year or so and I am in awe of your courage and your refusal to give up your dignity. I hope your return home marks a new chapter in your life, and it sounds like you are of to a strong start. Thinking of you!

Al--Buns of Steel--ROFL!

Liz

Patsy,
It was very good to hear from you and know that you are all right. You are one tough cookie. I hope you can post again soon and keep us updated on how you are doing.
Stay stong,
Dana

Welcome back Patsy:
It will be good to read your dispatches again. I wish your kids well too.

Al... buns of steel? Get your tuickets to the Yankees game yet?

CHeers

T.

Well I guess I was the only one paying attention. Patsy said her Physio said her buttocks (Buns) and her legs were getting stronger.
Ordered tickets last week. We are up on level 200 along 3 base line. Ryan at Jays said he is trying to put the ALS people on the 3rd base side. We have daughter and son in law coming with us and 2 friends so far. It is hard to get people to commit so far ahead. Are you and the professor coming?

... I got it! Just wasn't sure you could say buttocks on line... if they were simebody elses'
I am planning to go to the game and hope to bring the professor with me. She may have family visiting from England. I think I'll buy two tickets anyway and hope for the best... of course if I put on any more weight I'll probably need both seats! Good to know approximately where you will be parked.
CHeers
T.

We are in the 200 level over by third base. Ryan at the Jays office says the seats up there are roomier and padded for us ALS patients whose buttocks have fallen off along with some other strategically placed muscles. Now if you are talking about vehicle parking I haven't got the faintest idea. As close as possible though or I'll have to use the wheelchair. Hope to see you there.

... I meant park your buttox... I'll try and get something over there in the 200 level, although 3rd base will be on the Yankee's side of home!
CHeers

T.

Well I asked for first base line and they said they're trying to put us all in one area around third. If we sell enough seats then we will get to sit on the Jays side. Just a tought though. If they are are going to make a big to do about it, Lou was a Yankee, So should we cheer the Yankees on this one ocasion?

Patsy,

Thanks for touching base.

You're an inspiration! You're my hero!

Keep on truckin'!

Richard

... we could I suppose. okay, maybe for 1 inning. Prolonged cheering for the Yankees might cause... better stop there. Too many New Yorkers read this site!

CHeers

T.

Thank you very much for the words of of encouragement.

No joking around about my buttocks, I have verified multiple muscular improvements from the last 3 years by the physiotherapist. I can't explain why or what caused this but I am thankful. I have been doing various alternative health treatments and did do the Lyme disease treatments 4 years ago and got a feeding tube 1.5 years ago but I can't say for a fact what is responsible for the improvements. I won't get excited until I start walking, then watch out I will get the ALS doctors to take notice because I have had 5 neurologists confirm my als diagnosis and 3 different EMGs. I am a RN and got several second opinions. Don't want anyone start writing me asking me and for what I did, I don't know but I have been documenting everything that that I have done and my neurologist can determine whether or not it was something I did. I will keep you posted .

PatPatsy

Hi Patsy

Hi Patsy:

I am a fairly new member (March 2006). My friend has recently been diagnosed ALS. I am curious about your recent posting on how some of your muscles have improved over the last few years. I know you said don't ask you what you have been doing, but isn't there a way that you could give me a quick overview of the alternatives you have tried.
I am also glad to hear that you have been fighting this for so long. That is a bit of encouragment. Are you a younger P.A.L ? My friend was told that she might progress slower because she is younger (in her early early 40's). I was hoping to be able to give her some hope.
You also mentioned that you have two young boys. She has 3 young children and that is what is devastating her the most. How are your boys handling all of this and if you don't mind me asking, how old are they? Any advice on helping the children deal and understand all of this? Gail has not told her children yet and is in the process of seeking professional help to deal with this. any advice, what worked, what didn't, or watch outs would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome back. You sound like an inspiration to many. It is nice to meet (or should I say chat) with you.

Barb :)

hi Barb;

I don't want to give anyone false hope and mislead people because I don't know what exactly is responsible for the improvements I am having. I don't know if my improvements are going to continue or what? I want to wait for more improvements and then let the neurologist determine what is going on!

it is no secret what I have tried to treat my ALS. Check my previous posts and my biography on ALS Independence website (I should update it) .

I was 35 years old when I was diagnosed with a 3 and 6 year old sons. read my biography for what I did for my boys.

unfortunately the separation issues from my husband are taking up all of energies and I don't want to risk stress to cause me to backslide!

Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back