Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
AL
City
Huntsville
I lost my mom today, I have been her care giver for 7 years, of watching this disease steal from her every thing was and all joy she could find in life, at the very end all she could do is lay in bed and breath with help from a trillogy. Ruth Karr, deserved a hell of a lot more than this, she could not express gratitude or happiness I have been on a 3 day watch giving mom her morphine every two hrs. Until this morning.. watching the pulse ox,.. reaching for the cough assist at 2am! Watching the trillogy mask mar and start sores on her nose, To all care givers! Yes you are doing the right thing for you loved ones! I know what's it's like to watch and stand helpless.. trying to address one weakness issue after another one,, im so mad and upset words are failing me.. and people tell me they know just what I was having to deal with.. unless you ave been an als care giver.. no,, no you don't you never will. you really have no idea... sorry for the rant the last 3 days have left me shattered. Some first post.. huh..

I am really not this big a jerk..
But last week un did me

My heart goes out to you. You are absolutely right, no one has any idea what this is like. So sorry for your loss. Your mom had a wonderful daughter. Rant all you want.

I'm very sorry, C. Your mom was lucky beyond words to have you at her side.

Best,
Laurie

So sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. And for the years of continual losses you have already endured. Agreed - no one knows what it's like.

Sending huge hugs and wishing you peace.

So sorry for your loss. Your mom was so lucky to have you as her caregiver. This illness is just shattering. I wish both you and your mom peace.

V

My heart is with you...I am so sorry. Please know that she is now laughing and kicking up her heals. She received the greatest blessing a person can--you. You gave her love and care when she needed it in a way she never expected to, and that love will stay with both of you. This disease has a way of either allowing you to see the joy in the smallest things in life or continuing to take and take even after your caregiving days are over. Please be kind to yourself. It takes a long time for caregivers to recover from ALS, and I'm sure your mother wants that recovery for you. Sending you peace and love.

I am so very sorry. You did an awesome job. she is now free and you, although forever changed ,will heal. I lost my mother and sister to this ( as well as others). I remember feeling forever broken but eventually it starts to get a little better.
hugs

I am so sorry for your loss of your mom. I am sure she was proud of your ability to care for her for such a long time. I truly understand how difficult that is. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your mom was so blessed to have you.

Your loving care was a comfort and blessing to your dear mother. May only happy memories of your loving times together remain to bring you peace. With deepest sympathy your loss. B.
1579154227161.jpeg

You are not a jerk, you are a daughter mourning the loss of her mama. Grieve and vent away; that is what the forum is for. Your mum is now pain free, running, eating, talking, and breathing. She has thrown off the shackles of "the beast" and has won in her fight,

Hugs to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back