Rural living & neurological diseases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowbird

Has anyone seen any connection between rural living and als or similar diseases?

also, Has anyone seen any connections between lymphoma and living with horses?

these are just questions tHat friends Have raised. our vet said tHat he knows of 5 rural vets who Have passed on due to als or similar diseases, and they were in the 60 yr age group.

any input ? it would be great if we could find some connections between victims and maybe isolate a cause for these dreaded diseases. my husband worked in agriculture, and he was overworked and highly stressed at the onset of his disease, which is not true als at this time, but very similar symptoms.

i am just a visitor to the board as i don't have als, but have you considered lyme disease.

i have lyme and was checked for lymphoma. many think lymphoma is not a true cancer,but infection run wild.

take care
lymiecanuck

That is so very interesting, and maybe you are right. i have asked the doctors several times to test for lyme's and they won't. i have no idea why. i will ask them again.

can you explain the symptoms, please.

i have seen people on the lyme board talk more than once about lou gehrig vacationing in or near lyme connecticit. also, back then there were no green belts and they played right in the fields when they played ball.

something to think about. how many others were actually sick like him at the time, and it got attention cause of his status.

lymiecanuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back