Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
I have been actively and intensely searcing the clinical trials government website for clinical trials. The amount of information there is ridiculously large and sparse at the same time. Go figure, a gov website.

I found a number of trials that are recruiting and doing stem cell research. I am Catholic and will not entertain the idea of participating in any research using fetal stem cells. That limited my options. Further limiting my options is the fact that I live in the Middle East.

Good news though :)

The Royan Institute in Tehran has two autologous stem cell trials for which they are currently recruiting. I have been in contact with them and it looks as if, initially anyway, I qualify for inclusion in the study!

I still don't have all the details. They first needed to know my test results (FRS, FVC) and then needed to know if I could actually get to Iran, I can :)

For you praying folks, please say a prayer that this works out. For those of you who don't pray, please send some positive energy my way!

I'll update as I learn more.

I hope this post doesn't jinx anything ;-)

Best of luck for the trial..fingers crossed for you..I am now beginning to look for trials or research advancements here in the uk..

You got it. Sending a prayer now and {{{hugs}}} your way. Good luck and keep us posted.

Prayers for the best possible outcome ( trial inclusion and stabilization or even improvement)

The NEALS website has an incredible information about clinical trials, but is US-based. Good luck, be careful, and asked lots of questions.
Hollister

I'd love a US based trial, but..... I am not US Based :)

Currently living in the Middle East

do keep us updated, I so hope you get to participate and even more so get a result from the trial!

Thety said that I should start making travel/visa plans, but I don't have the definite date yet.

Marrow aspiration, then 2-3 months later the stem cell injection.

I'll let you know when I know!

I have been actively and intensely searcing the clinical trials government website for clinical trials. The amount of information there is ridiculously large and sparse at the same time. Go figure, a gov website.

I found a number of trials that are recruiting and doing stem cell research. I am Catholic and will not entertain the idea of participating in any research using fetal stem cells. That limited my options. Further limiting my options is the fact that I live in the Middle East.

Good news though :)

The Royan Institute in Tehran has two autologous stem cell trials for which they are currently recruiting. I have been in contact with them and it looks as if, initially anyway, I qualify for inclusion in the study!

I still don't have all the details. They first needed to know my test results (FRS, FVC) and then needed to know if I could actually get to Iran, I can :)

For you praying folks, please say a prayer that this works out. For those of you who don't pray, please send some positive energy my way!

I'll update as I learn more.

I hope this post doesn't jinx anything ;-)

I admire your convictions ( 2nd paragraph )
So easy to toss them aside when we want to benefit personally.

We have a member on here who doesn't post anymore named Ted. His profile name is Ted H5. He is a devout Catholic and would never participate in using fetal stem cells either. He has used stem cells in some clinical trials here in the United States and according to what I last heard is doing quite well. It sounds extremely promising. Wishing you the best of luck and I'll pray as I do for all the PALS and CALS .

Prayers for your trip and your research study to be successful! Exciting! Keep us posted!

Thank you, everyone, for your support and prayers :)

Hi. Just wanted to wish you the very best results possible for this trial. Apparently Two sites in Mass. Are hoping to start trials in 2014. I wonder if they allow out-of-country participants. I hope they are approved, either way. Things are starting to happen!
Let us know how things are progressing.
Linda

Good luck, but in my opinion stem cells are not the answer for this disease, I hope your included into the trial though!

Thank you! My husband is Iranian we will look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back