5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
Can you come out and play? We miss you! :-D

Funny Phil, I was thinking the same thing. Her wisdom and insight is definitely needed! Hope everything is OK Rose.

Me too! Thinking about you Rose.

I think from a message the other day the problem is Dell...the laptop. Still. I know, I miss her too!

Sure it's not H.A.L.?

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

Rose...thinking of you....your forum friends miss your beautiful with and charm! L, K

CJ she might think it's HAL..The way it's been behaving! lol

CJ I loved the reference. A good chuckle always starts the day right!

Hoping all is relatively well with you, Rose!

Ever tried a MAC? I'm going to ditch my PC for a MAC as soon as I can!

Last edited:
Oh my! I just caught this! Yes, everything is OK(ish) We were away in the mountains for a while, and the Amazingly INCOMPETENT Dell support truly did send back my computer while we were away, and it still is not fixed! Yes, thats FIVE times now! Seriously, how many new batteries and charger cables can they supply without figuring out its NOT THAT! (first service they replaced the motherboard which, in turn created the battery problem, or seems to have). Plus, they kept calling me wanting to talk on the phone, even though I'd explained that it is difficult for me to be heard over the phone. I finally resorted to emailing them asking them to communicate via email and this is what they sent me back:

Thank you for contacting Dell Hardware Tech Support. The following information relates to the Email that you've sent to Dell Tech Support.

Service Request #: #######

This mail is in reference to your E-mail that we received on 02/07/2011. As per your request, we’re not making any attempts to call you and hence contacting you via E-mail. We understand that multiple services have been completed on your laptop and the issue is still not resolved. You have stated not to replace just the battery and ac adapter only and send it back. Please be informed that the depot will do a complete check on your computer before sending it back to you. You should be getting the unit back with 5 – 7 business days.

We hope to resolve the issue your complete satisfaction. It was a pleasure assisting you in getting this resolved.

So, guess what they did? They sent it back. ~ Unfixed with a new battery and charger cable! My son called and was able to talk with someone in a higher level of the support team, and now they're saying they will send someone out to the house to fix it. I am not holding my breath.

I've missed you guys, and would love to be able to come out and play more often lol.

Good to hear from you again, Rose!

Well, that settles that! My next computer will surely not come from Dell!

Bound and determined to get a MAC! I have a COMPAQ with "Vista" and hate it! I can't go a day without having to reboot the stupid thing several times!

Happy to hear about your trip to the mountains! Sounds refreshing!

Rose, good to hear you again. Sorry about the computer. My son says don't use Dell or get a Mac. Kim your problem isn't the computer , it's the Vista. Just get something else,like Windows XP.
Rose please post pics?

I have been using Vista since it came out 4 years ago and have never had a problem. My computer runs 24/7 and it gets rebooted when updates happen. There must be something wrong with your computer. I was in the computer industry and we were also an Apple Authorized Service Center and I can tell you that a MAC is not any more reliable. It just costs a lot more.

I do like Windows 7 that I have on my NetBook.

I just have to share my ongoing computer saga. This thread has morphed into something that should probably be placed into the off topic forum, but here goes anyway.

The tech arrived at my house on Tuesday. Dell had provided him with a sealed box of "parts" for him to repair my computer. He opened the box, and guess what was on top? Yes, that's right, another battery and charger cable. Also another motherboard (which has been replaced) I have lost track of how many new batteries it has had at this point. Well, this guy was incredulous, he called them, put them on speaker phone, and made sure EVERYONE knew that what was needed was a new DC intake component and cable (wire) that connects this piece to the motherboard. He took my computer apart, and showed me where the piece was, and why this was what it had to be. He was promised they were sending the correct part, and I saw him take down the name and id# of the person he was talking to on the phone. I heard, with my own ears, the Dell person on the phone read back to him the part name and part number that was required to fix the problem.

I was so encouraged.

He called yesterday, said he had the part. He came to the house, opened the box provided by Dell, and..... wait for it ... nope, NO needed part. BUT they did send out another battery (yes, really they did) and another motherboard, and a few other spare parts... the little chip card for the power button, the card slot thing for the memory cards, things like that. Just not the component ordered and promised.

I could not make this up.

The tech was so mad. He called them, and told them that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that sending a box of parts that don't include the needed part won't fix the computer!

After a bit more of the guy on the phone hedging, it turns out that the part I need is back ordered, and has been on back order for a while. (so hey, don't have that one? no problem, send out six other parts, and throw in a new battery while you're at it)

They are sending me a new computer. It is arriving (supposedly) on Monday.... It might not be a pretty red color like mine is now, but I don't care!

Well, Rose, that really settles it for me; no Dell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back