Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
Well it seems that that little bladder full of air that makes your seat on the wheelchair so comfortable can spring a leak. They tell me that the replacement is $573! Unbelievable. I'm just hoping it is covered by insurance, but not holding my breath on that one. Didn't realize how comfortable that made sitting all day. For now we cut a piece of foam the same size and inserted it.

Every day brings a new challenge it seems.

Matt's Roho was paid for by insurance, so hopefully your replacement will be.

It just never ends....
Becky

Still waiting to hear from the VA about mine. It failed months ago and my bum gets a little achy without it.

It should have come w/ a patch kit that you might try for a short-term fix.

Best,
Laurie

I don't recall seeing a patch kit, but will go through the mountains of materials we've collected. Thought about trying a bike tire patch but the whole is in a bad place for patching.

Roho has a warranty for their products. If your cushion is under 3 yrs old, it should be covered for replacement.

The first one we got also had a leak. The supplier replaced it, but they both came with a patch kit.

Your supplier should be able to repair it. My wife has a room full of rohos to repair. Everything from patching holes to replacing cells.
Vincent

Still waiting to hear from the VA about mine. It failed months ago and my bum gets a little achy without it.

If you contact the Prosthetics Dept you can ask when the seat will be delivered. Also, when that doesn't work the patient advocate or a social worker can help move things along.

Hey never fails when a thread starts it's right on with what's going on with me! My pwc gel blew out months ago and of course my a$$ or sciatica flared up and now today the pwc new gel arrived a " R0ho" can't believe it came on the day this thread starts. Love ya all chally

$573!!
Good lord! Is it gold plated?

I hope the insurance comes through for you.

The company says the seat is out of warranty since it was received over one year ago. There is a wonderful lady at Numotion who argued with them and got them to agree to replace it for free anyway. Hope my a $$can hold on another week

Three cheers for people who advocate for you when things go awry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back