12/2006
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Houston
Hi All,
I know that this is a question that I should know the answer to but I am just double checking with my experts:-D

Freddie seems to be having alot of oral secretions, him being trached and the constant swallowing, is causing me to suction him orally and through his trach.
He is on robinol and I thought silly me, that this was for his stomach, that is what the doc said, I have heard of some medicine that dries up the secretions. This is the robinol, Right?
We live in Texas and Freddie has always had allergies, well they are really bad these past 2 weeks, I do not know if that has anything to do with this oral secretion, I can actually hear him audibly swallowing. He has not been doing that until the last couple of days..

Quadbliss and JoelC,
His cuff in fully inflated any ideas?

Pray for us the storm does not hit here.........I already had a dry run a few weeks ago when this is all still new...........Not up for an evacuation.........

Thanks for everything,
netty

Robinul

Hi, my name is Kim, my husband age 42 was recently diagnosed w/ALS and we live in Corpus Christi, Tx not too far from yall. I am also a pediatric nurse at Driscoll Children's Hospital here and I take care of trach/respiratory patients. Yes Robinul is the medication we use to help control secretions on our trach patients. You might check with doctor to see if the dose is correct. With the trach it's expected to have to suction and since with ALS there is even more secretions the problem is only compounded. Do check to see about the dosage though and see if it needs to be increased. Hope this helps. Love your picture!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back