06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
Hello-
Usually I just do a key word search for my questions and find the answers I need. However, I've noticed, when I look for reference to specific drugs (Ritalin, Wellbutrin), I get an error 403 code when trying to access historical posts that come up in the search results. I can see the thread titles, but when I click on them, the error code comes up.

Anyhow, I am just done with the fatigue. I need to get things done. There's just no way around it. Mostly for my own state of mind. Before I was diagnosed with MND (as yet differentiated between ALS/PLS) I was prescribed Ritalin for my profound fatigue. Aside from mild tremors, it did give me some "pep". Does anyone have any feedback or knowledge about if Ritalin affects progression? My gp seems to think judicious use is acceptable, but I have concerns that there might be an issue here. I don't intend to overdo it, but come on, being too tired to unload the dishwasher?

Does Ritalin affect progression? If it does, I will continue to sit on my *ss and be an unproductive glump.

Does Ritalin cause abnormal or altered EMG results? An internet search does not come up with anything direct. I have a follow up appointment at the ALS clinic for emg in 2.5 weeks. I do not want to have anything other than an accurate result here. Does Ritalin affect emg results? My neuro is virtually impossible to get ahold of, so don't trust my inquiry to be answered before my appointment. I would stop taking it a few days before, regardless, but any info would be appreciated. If there's a concern that this information would send DIHAL'ers into a tizzy, please feel free to send me a pm if you have info.

Many thanks

Not my area of expertise- but the concern is getting pep from Ritalin will mask what your body is telling you about not overdoing it. And Ritalin is an appetite repressant- not something you need! Understand your concern about not being productive but I love the saying, "you are a human being- not a human doing!" So if the dishes don't get unloaded, what's the worst that can happen? Hugs and rays of natural energy are sent your way! Donna

Too bad ShiftKicker, I was the one with the energy drink thread. I was going to ask about ritilin next. I guess there is rest for the wicked.
Vincent

Ah ha ha ha, Vincent! I like it. It's going in my personal (and totally imaginary) book of advice.
"Lo, for I am very very wicked, and so I must rest." ~
Thanks for the links, Nikki. That's exactly the stuff I was looking for. I have no idea why I can't access links for some search terms.
Donna, I wish I could just leave things. I really do. However, I'm one of those people who can't relax if I see there are things that need doing. If you know anything about the Dutch, there is no rest till ALL the work is done. And because there is always work to do, the devil is in idle hands. Unfortunately, we live in an open plan home and my favorite chair (chair of honour!) has full view of the kitchen so I just can't ignore it. I will, however, keep that quote and apply it only to myself. I'll try to offload more chores to those around me. After all, they are the ones who actually crease a lion's share of the mess. My 16yr old son will love his new purpose in life, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back