Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
AUS
State
Victoria
City
Geelong
My mum is getting weaker and I think the carbon dioxide must be rising in her blood. I have visited her at home twice today and both times she couldn't open her eyes. She could hear me and nod, but couldn't wake up properly. She did have a carer help her with the shower this morning and she woke up for a breakfast feed and an evening feed (didn't want the lunch feed) but apart from that she has slept all day. A couple of times when I have seen her sleeping her cheeks are bright red. Is this from the CO2?

do you have access to a pulmonologist?

I would say yes. call palliative care and let them know about this. Keep a close eye on her this weekend, if it doesn't turn around, you should start making those calls to let folks know that time is getting close.

Sorry weavie :(

so sorry Weavie, it certainly does sound like CO2 buildup, but I would also check for temperature that she isn't unwell too

public holiday tomorrow so services are hard to get over the weekend.

I'm sorry, I forget if she has registered with palliative care? A great service with them is a 24 hour helpline. I found at the end with Chris it was so comforting to have someone I could just phone and talk about any concerns with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back