Diagnosis
02/2019
Country
US
State
NJ
City
MONROE
i heard eddie van halen died today. he did not have als. he did not care for someone who had als. he was, however, an integral part of my youth. he gave my dreams strength in my pre-teens, he had my back through high school, and he kept me in awe during college. i'm not sure why this has hit me so hard today.
even though some would say its the guinness, i can't decide if its evidence of vitality succumbing to mortality (he was only 65) or the unexpected loss of something(one) who was always there for me, whenever i needed him. it could be the respect i felt for him after watching his fingers effortlessly tapping, sliding, and dance across the strings...coupled with the fact that i have lost all ability to use my fingers with such dexterity.
now i know if anyone is reading this they are probably saying,"why isn't this in RANTS N RAVES?". i know i'm ranting and raving, but i want this post to be positive. anyone growing up in the 70s or 80s should realize the loss of eddie van halen. i"m still figuring out why its hit me so hard.

definitely a huge loss - let's raise a glass to Eddie

I was born in the 70’s but I remember Van Halen well growing up in middle school and high school. They were the quintessential rock band of the time! I think when celebrities we loved, admired and grew up with die, it takes a bit of us with them. It’s a reminder of our own mortality and it’s sad to know we will get no new memories or art from the creators we love. I’m having a glass of wine in a really long time, so I’ll raise a glass to Eddie with ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back