Not open for further replies.

Ellamay

Country
CA
State
BC
City
Cassidy
To all those people who want to get the attention of their loved ones when they are needed........

We use 2 sets of cordless doorbells for my husband Tony. It came with 4 doorbells that we have all over where he might need them.. One on his walker, one by the computer, one attached to the bar of his hopsital bed, and one that is by his easy boy chair or in the bathroom. He can puch the button easily with one finger on his good hand.
My hubby was diagnosised with Bulbar Onset ALS in November 2008 and quickly lost the use of his voice. This has been awesome for when he needs something or needs help.
After his stomach feeding tube was placed he was able to push the bell when he had pain in the middle of the night and I came running.

We joke that we should attach one to the floor so when he falls out of bed he can push it and we'll be able to come running.

It has been a great tool. The only advise that my hubby would give you is it should have different tones for different people. As sometimes he wants my son for computer stuff and I come instead and then I still have to go get my son. So he thinks that everyone should have their own tone... :)

Hi, I just wrote something in the post from Bethu under her thread of UCLA visit.
There is equipment in the UK...will try and look to see if is available the other side of the pond..you wear a bracelet or necklace, when you press the button it is set to call my husbands cell phone, so he will come to me. We are also having another gadget tied into this which is a fall alarm, which will automatically call his cellphone if I fall, even if I am knocked out. I will try to find some links and get them posted

I just did a quick search under CARE PHONES on google. You will get a lot of sites show for car phones. There are many for the uk..but if you are in the uk and want a system like this check with your OT first, we are having ours supplied by our local authority..this is new (this month) to them and I understand that all authorities are not up to speed on this yet. The one we are getting is Telecare, but if you look at haggar.co.uk and the careplus HB10012 this is similar to what we should receive any day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back