Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouse,

My husband had the same response. We went from 2 per day, 1 per day, now none for the last week. He is going to try 1 per day again in about a week.

Hi Missy
does your husband feel any better not taking any?
take care
Scouse

Yes. He isn't as tired.

Maura was diagnosed with bulbar onset in November of 2007. Once we understood the problem we knew we were seeing symptoms much earlier, certainly in January. She immediately started on Riluzole per her neuro at the Cleveland Clinic. We were married in November of 2008 and she could barely say "I Do". By January of 2009 she required a peg tube and a bi-pap part time. By April of 2009 she was fulltime peg tube and twelve hours on the bi-pap. By August she was twenty hours on the bi-pap.

In January of 2010, twenty-six months after diagnosed, Maura got her trach and ventilator. Can we conclude anything about Riluzole from that history? She continues to take 100 mg per day.

you once again al are so right im so glad to have someone that knows all about als .and yes all it is documented as maybe one of the causes that they believe als comes from as well as free radicals virusers ect .maybe next time you my friend can clarrify it in a better manner than being an know it all lol....lol...lol

Hello Everyone, I am Deb Pate, Jeff's wife and thought this would be a good time to stick my nose in. Jeff is often calling me in to read something that is going on here and asking for a second opinion. He didn't ask for a second opinion this time so don't blame him for what comes next. Al if you would re-read Jeff's statement you would see the following: "they been selling us soup and food fda approved with mono sodium glutamate which causes cancer and is said to be something in us overexcited that builds up and releases to cause als." I quoted him because you seem to have missed the part where he stated "IS SAID TO BE SOMETHING". I would read that as just what it says. Jeff did not say IT CAUSES ALS. Re-read the thread and stop being so defensive about what other people discuss. I have conducted a lot of research with Jeff and maybe a lot of other people on here have conducted there own research. Fine! We are all searching for a cure not a cause, but believe it or not Glutamate IS linked with ALS. That is not saying it causes it and Jeff didn't say that so get a new pair of glasses. Yours truly Deb Pate. The wife of one who is fighting this disease with every one else out there. And now its Jeff's dinner time so adios.

Hi Deb it's nice to meet Jeff's wife. I'm sorry that you and Jeff were hurt. All the supportive spouses of PALS are real heroes in my eyes. I think if we were all together in person talking about things we would understand with ease the points of view that each of us hold--there would be no misunderstandings.
Laurel

I think we are all so defensive because we are all walking on the ALS tightrope, trying to cope the best we can. Sometimes, it helps to lash out. Most people do it with the one closest to them - other people lash out at strangers to ease the stress. Since this community is so like a family, both areas are covered! I think we all need each other too much to ever let it alienate one of us. If feelings get hurt, always know that it isn't intentional. (That only happens on the "Do I have ALS" forum!) Love to all...

Well, first of all I would love to say HI DEB! It is so nice to finally hear from you hun! You have a wonderful husband, we just love him. Now, Al, not a good sentence for a response. I know you dont type as much as you used to, but Jeff is correct in the analogy that Monosodium Glutamate build up in the brain is what happens with PALS. They just have not figured out why. After all of my research as well, the FDA most definitely cannot be trusted. They have flat out ignored the warnings and evidence of what processed MSG does to the body. It is in so many things in so many different forms it is ridiculous. All it does is make the food taste better they say. There is no proof that processed MSG and natural Glutamate can cross the blood brain barrier, however it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that avoiding as much as you can of it would be at the very least prudent. If you consume tons of it in daily food intake, and you have ALS....why would you do that when it is a known fact that the glutamate build up in the brain is what causes the neurons to die? It just makes sense to avoid the stuff as much as possible. As far as Rizole/Rilutek - I think the jury is still out on that one. I believe that there are literally different strains of ALS and that is why it is so hard to find a cure. Much like AIDS. Same problem. That is why everyone reacts differently to different methods, detoxing, diets, and medications. If you take Rilutek and it makes you feel worse, my vote is to get off of it! It is all about quality of life and not quantity at this point.
My two cents.
Hugs ALL!
Kari

I'm with you Kari!

one more coment before i go and this is up to you to figure out .my research n-acelylcysteine -decreases motor nuron loss improve muscle mass and increase survival time .alpha lipoic acid antioxidant protects cells against glutamate induced excitotoxicity. acetyl caritine,improves mitchondial function and increases glutione function cost less then 90 bucks .rilutek cost big bucks and these supplements are way less harmful to the liver and is more than a glutamate excitotoxicity blocker

i guess my response needs to be monitored i thought this is an open discussion site and findings that can well be backed up .pecans made it amazing ,well to all who would like to read what i placed here pm me you will see the findings if you look them up

well all thanks monerators for posting it awareness is what im trying to do i really want to help with all my heart into it thank you

Jeff, naming certain drugs trigger a post for moderation. Nothing personal.

no problem joel now i see the reasons why thats cool thanks for your reply jeff,just trying to help the best i can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back