Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Sandy Springs
both the Atlanta va pharmacy and express scripts(Tricare program) have rilutek/riluzole on backorder. anyone else having the problem ? ? appears strange that both pharmacies would have the meds on backorder.

I got my last refill at the end of December at a local pharmacy here in the western suburbs of Chicago.

I will find out soon if it is available in my area.

Matt

I got a 90 day refill from Caremark last week on time. It is not on the FDA list for shortages. There are several suppliers of generic riluzole. Maybe one of the companies is having an issue and it is the one used by the VA systems?

Does express scripts have a special pharmacy for Tricare? When I had Express scripts riluzole was a specialty drug and the first specialty pharmacy from their list that I tried was horrible. They lied to me repeatedly and I eventually ran out because they did not send it when they said.

I just got some through my mail order pharmacy in Oregon — no problem. However this sort of problem occurs from time to time frequently with many drugs. Sometimes it can take a week or up to a month or more to resolve. Unfortunately Riluzole is not a drug commonly stocked in local pharmacies, or I’d suggest you check with your local Costco or Walmart to see if they have any in stock.

Around here every pharmacy orders it / does not stock it. They all could get it in a couple of days though. After my express scripts fiasco I paid cash for a month from Walmart ( using a goodrx coupon). They had no problem ordering it though I was asked if I still wanted them to after we discussed price.

`thanks, everyone. just called my local Costco and they have riluzole in stock. problem solved ! ! thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back