Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
City
Ashburn
Hello...My name is Ali, I become 33 yo just 3 days ago and I was here 4 years ago because of my problems in my right hand Weakness in mornings.
However, first of all I have to thank you for taking time to read this thread and I know how much valuable for me you read and answer to this post...millions of pleasure and honor for all.
So, About last week I noticed that the muscle of right hands thumb finger is cramping badly and spams when my point fingers and thumb get close to each other everytime. At first I thought maybe I drink too much coffee and hard working of heating cooling systems and too much work out is the reason.
But then later I felt Weakness in my thumb finger and feeling of this Weakness annoyed me. I could do my workouts and lifts and chin up but the Weakness is causing a feeling that I am gonna drop which some now how doing some simple activities become hard form me. Weakness in chopping food with spoon.
This put me under alot of stress and scares me alot. I went to neurologist and she did some test in my reflexes and strength tests and said it's not Als and don't worry but she asks me to do EMG test.
Honestly I am worry about this weakness and I am terrified of ALS.
As complementary, in the mornings I have Weakness in my grip but is goes away and just this Weakness stays here.
Today, I just noticed some weird heaviness in my left shoulder which cause feeling of difficulty in lifting my arm but I can do it. I don't know what to do it terrified me alot.
4 years ago I did an Emg and it was normal.
Can you please help me?

Previous threads are here for folk to see what has been discussed previously:

The EMG is very likely to give you at least another 4 years of peace of mind. ALS does not get better through the day.
The EMG is a tool used by neurologists to diagnose hundreds of disease processes, so if there is anything at all going on it will help them figure it out. The neurologist already told you it is not ALS, so I think you know that you are scaring yourself.
I would like to reassure you that you are in good hands, work with your doctor and stay calm.
Do come back and let us know the results.

Thanks for your responds dears.
My muscles are in complete spasm and today when I hole a piece of paper to read my muscle of between two fingers locked badly and the thumb finger was out of my control. Its scary.
I don't know what's happening to me. Pray for the God to all of us, to diminish this disease once from the earth.
I ll donate monthly and join the forum to help as much as I can. It's so scary.

Those spasms and fingers locking really points completely away from ALS. Please go back to your doctor.
Donating would be wonderful thank you. Remember however, that as someone who does not have ALS you are only able to post a question here in your own thread, and then accept the answers, you can't post anywhere else.
Let us know when you get a diagnosis and try to just work with your doctors.

Hi dear
I tried to push my self out of anxiety and started Gym workout and as I was pro in Badminton I started to get back to it. Since I started the gym everything was OK, as I did my heavy weight lifting I was about out of my anxiety because of my semi weaknesses in my hand which I thought it is percieved after starting of working out,, but today in my second session of onseting my Badminton exercising I did too intense exercise, as this sport is so tough, I have noticed that my right anterior tibialis( front calf muscle) is shaking and it's completely weak that I can't right now walk on my heels anymore.its sore and weak.. please is it normal this Weakness after this intense workout or this is clinical weakness which is sign of ALS? My anxiety is through the roof.

Last edited:
Can you please understand that it is no one's job here to handhold your anxiety? Good grief, you don't have ALS and your many EMGs, lack of symptoms, and all your clean clinical exams attest to this.

Please, go volunteer with those who are less fortunate, give back to society, or get a hobby. Chasing ALS as something to do is not healthy and badgering members here is cruel and self-absorbed. I'm sorry to be blunt, but you have no idea how blessed you are to have your physical health. I would address your mental health, however, as you are unable to let go of this fascination of having a terminal illness.

Lastly, seeing as you've been following this disease for many years, you may want to discuss nosophobia disorder with your doctor and request help with that.

Good luck to you in life and I sincerely wish you the best.

Last edited:
I am so sorry about my posts..You are right my best friend 14...For a person who has no one and completely alone having health problem is difficult...I ll try not to come here again...You guys are amazing...Thanks for all your supports.

When you ask if shaking after an intense workout after a long layoff is normal, I think you know the answer.

Please seek counseling for your health anxiety, for your own sake. That gives you a person to talk to about all this, who understands, even though telehealth.

just in case you come back with more anxiety I will pile on - shaking after a workout is absolutely NOT clinical weakness.
Please see a doctor.

Yep you are I will do. Thank you that you put effort to answer my questions.
My right calf muscle is weak now and it's hard for me to stand on my right heel. So I think this muscle weakness is because of intense workout.i had shaking yesterday with weakness. Now the shaking left and this Weakness is still here with soreness on this muscle.
Sorry guys I bothered you so much...please forgive me for my messages.

Now do yourself a big favor and log off this ALS Forum. Don't do Like many
do after their Thread has been closed and told not to post again... they still
linger on for weeks, some months, reading old Threads even going back to
ones 2009, 2012, 2018, only continuing their anxiety. For what?

They were clearly told by several Neurologists, more than one EMG (some
as many as 4) and our very ALS knowledgeable members that they do not have
ALS, PLS or any MND. What most have is just severe Health Anxiety which is
curable... ALS is not.

You've been around since May 2017, started several Threads. 21 messages...
it's time for your own mental health to move on from ALS and see a doctor
for your non-ALS concerns.

At 33 years old you are too young to burden your life with the fear you have
a rare terminal disease... that you do not have.

Hope you find your way out of this. Again, start by logging off and let this go.

Last edited:
thank you so much Clearwater for the answer and advices..
Sure I am gonna log out and will try to solve my problems.. sorry for disturbances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back