11/2015
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Miami
hi all

got the peg placed about a week ago and am wondering if any of you experienced pain in the left ribs or side of the body ? any ideas why or when it will stop ? thanks all

I had pretty intense pain for about a week or so after, left costal margin. It does go away. Be sure to soak the site in saline 2x per day to keep things clean. My issues were related to not being able to take opioids because of breathing issues. Tylenol was the strongest I could take.
Vincent

My pain was all due to the stoma healing and it subsided within a week. If there is no pain at or around the stoma, I think it would be prudent to contact the surgeon if the left side pain continues.

how did you soak it in saline ? i clean it twice a day and flush it once but anything else I can do to avoid infection would be great

i defff have pain at stoma site but it's easier to avoid aggravating. i am just surprised that my side hurts so much after and I am really sick of sleeping on my back only

If pain persists you should see your doctor.

It's so hard for us to say if this is normal post op pain or an issue, but an examination would probably sort things out pretty quickly.

Please let us know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back