Revisiting Toxic Additives to Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

upila

It is increasingly difficult to come up with any food other than any and all being home-made in order to assure nutrition as well as being toxin-free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very helpful article - Thank Upila.

Grocery shopping has become a personal hell of mine - it usually takes me 2 to 3 hours and by the end I am usually reduced to a crumpled heap somewhere between aisles 7 and 8 babbling off the ingredients of a bunch of alleged "all natural" products laced with MSG...

Hi,
Great picture - I just saw you there, discheveld, out of sorts, babbling... Laughing hard now - thanks!
Yes, it must be harder for you - at least in our house we are used to cooking all the time, so now when I shop I just avoid everything in a box, can or a jar... Got back a while ago from shopping - loaded the cart with veggies, fruits, org fed chickens. So great Canada is close - what we would do without the local produce there - have no idea! How are you doing? Have you decided on any speciffic regiment? Best,
Upila

Hi Upila,

Doing OK - biggest stress relates to food. If I were to rely on the opinions of the various sources out there as to what the diet of a PALS should be - I think I would only be left with distilled water and raw organic vegetables grown in my own back yard.

Cutting out soy from my diet was a big blow - and still adjusting from that. So much of my time is taken up by shopping and preparing food - tough to do that and maintain a full time job.

Still so much research I need to do on subjects such as:

- glutamates and foods high in glutamates
- exercise and free radicals
- detrimental affects of swimming in chlorinated water

Hope your father is doing well...

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did you have to give up Soy?

soy

I'm anxious to hear why soy was eliminated, too. My husband's dr told him to give up milk but to start using soy.

I gave up on that a long time ago. I just eat any and everything. I figure I'm dying anyway, I might as well enjoy the foods I like while I can still swallow.

Good luck to those of you who try to do what is right for your bodies. I've had our government tell us not to eat something and then 10 years later reverse themselves so many times. I don't believe them when they tell me anything now.

I have a grandson who is a complete Vegan. He has lost from 155 lbs down to about 100 lbs and looks like the walking dead. He refuses to take any vitamin supplements or any other pills for that matter. To each his or her own.

As for me I enjoy a nice nice fat juicy steak grilled to perfection, with a nice stuffed baked potato. Sorry for the temptation there folks.:-D

God Bless
Capt AL

Don't forget the chocolate cake for dessert, AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back