Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
A week ago on the Come for Tea thread, I mentioned I had ordered a very economical bidet that one of our moderators (Richard) had recommended. It is called a Luxe Bidet MB320. It does not require electricity to hook up and run. It cost about $68 on Amazon--plus shipping. Richard has the less technical model that just hooks up to cold water and he loves it, but I ordered the MB320 as I figured we were too sissy to cope with cold water only so got the one that hooks up to both the cold and hot water.

It arrived two days ago, but since hubby didn't seem very motivated to install it I forced the issue by walking by him with the bidet carrying a butter knife and nail scissors. After being married 43 years, I knew this would get him off his butt and take over<LOL>. In a nutshell, it is a great buy! It took us a little over half an hour to install it. Hubby has an atrophied weak right hand so I did the tightening of things once he got the fittings organized. It has good water pressure and does a great job, has a spray nozzle for the bum and a spray nozzle for the front area for women. With hubby's atrophied hand he found it hard to give his butt a good wipe. This dandy bidet does a good thorough wash.

The advertisement said it fitted two piece toilets only, but I emailed Luxe Bidet and said we have a one piece older Toto Ultimate. A very nice fellow responded within 5 minutes and said it had an 85% chance of fitting our one piece. And it did fit just fine. So if you can't afford an electrician in to put in a separate circuit with GFI and then pay minimally $400.00 for a bidet this seems a dandy way to go. Your toilet will need to be within about 4 feet of your hot water hook up at the sink to work easily on this model. I give it a five star rating thus far. It perhaps looks a little cheap compared to a Toto, but is actually quite sturdy.
Laurel

Thank you so much Laurel. That helps a lot. I am going to need it soon as well
Hugs
Felica

Any chance of a picture? Without you on it of course.

AL.

I'll get my husband to snap a shot, but you can see it on the luxebidet .com website model MB320. You use your own toilet seat and lid so you just have a bidet control mechanism that fastens under the toilet seat once you remove the seat and lid. The controls sit to the right of the toilet seat as you are seated (at toilet seat level). The knobs aren't stiff for turning so should be okay even with poor hand strength. And basically you can leave the heat setting alone once you find the right temperature. You just need to turn the knob to wash your tushie. And read the reviews on Amazon as they are helpful as people say things like "use the mid range for washing or the pressure will make you jump off the seat". Just the bidet mechanism fits under the toilet seat. So you unscrew your current seat and lid and place the bidet set up on the bowl and re-fasten the seat and lid. The tubing and fittings come with the kit. On the underside of the bidet mechanism, there is a place with two spots to attach the tubing--one to your sink's hot water and one to the toilet for cold. The tubing itself looks like white aquarium tubing. The bidet reviewers (who gave it very good to excellent reviews) recommended using white plumbers tape for each fitting so we did that. And it is cheaper to buy it from Amazon versus the website by about $20. I think a useful add on for PALS would be the Toilevator that Joel recommended to give about 3 inches of height to the toilet itself. I think they cost about $100. We didn't do that yet. If I'm clear as mud, just ask me to clarify.
Laurel

Or with you on it. Al won't look :)

Well I might as have hubby take one with me on it. Today when I was sitting on it and testing it after we got it going, hubby walked in and handed me the phone and said, " I told Stewart you were sitting on the new bidet and testing it and that you wouldn't mind talking". Nothing like telling the world that I have my pants down with water spraying my tush <LOL>.
Laurel

I put photos of the bidet installed on our toilet in two albums under my name.
Laurel

Any chance of a picture? Without you on it of course.

Gosh, that was funny. LOL.

I love my bidet but not half as much as the people who would have to clean me up if I did not have it! Every diagnosis should come with a bidet, a jumbo size bottle of Xanax, and a referral to this website.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back