Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
mi
City
shelby Twp
My brother was diagnosed with bulbar als 10/2013 and is deteriorating fast. The last 10 days he is so restless, wants to move every 5 minutes and is falling. Today a trip to ER for stitches. Anyone have experience with Effexor? He needs something. Xanax makes him more restless and he's up all night. It's wreaking havoc on the family. Any suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks

Im so sorry to hear that! My father was diagnosed with Bulbar in October also, but thank God he is doing ok and not suffering the restlessness. There are so many wonderful people on this site, I'm sure you will get plenty of great advice. Good luck to you.

My brother was diagnosed with bulbar als 10/2013 and is deteriorating fast. The last 10 days he is so restless, wants to move every 5 minutes and is falling. Today a trip to ER for stitches. Anyone have experience with Effexor? He needs something. Xanax makes him more restless and he's up all night. It's wreaking havoc on the family. Any suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks

Mariam, if he can (and will), an inexpensive exercise bike may help. I know if I use mine for *any* amount of AM time it helps for hours. At night it takes 30+ mins to burn off the jitters. Drugs scare me as they seem to be prescribed aften for side effects. I do take the ALS one and the muscle cramping one ...

Glad you are there for them!

Max

Thank you Max, you all are so wonderful with information and encouragement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back