Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Lakewood
Hi,

Mike died last night. His son said he died peacefully. I saw him last Saturday, and he asked that I call last Thursday. He didn't want me to come Thursday or Saturday, though; and when I called yesterday, his son told me he's pretty much sleeping now, but it would be fine if I wanted to come by. I declined, saying I didn't want to intrude, that I'd said goodbye several times already and he said, "Are you sure?" I said yea, hung up the phone, cried, then called him back and said I'd changed my mind and asked if it would be OK if I came by today around midday. He said of course. But this morning Mike was gone. I'm so grateful he died peacefully, and that he's no longer suffering. I'm also glad I didn't intrude on what turned out to be his family's last hours with him. But...I wish I could've said that final goodbye. I'd grown to love Mike, and I will not ever forget him. Thanks for your prayers. Sharon

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I lost my Ben last month. May God be with you and the family of Mike

Donna
New Jersey

Hello Saska,
I am sorry for your loss. In my circles, we call folks like you "angels." Mike and his family are lucky to have had you in their lives. Regards, Cindy

Sorry for your loss Sharon. I have lost 2 close friends to ALS this month. I know how difficult this can be. Take care. AL.

My sympathy on your loss. It is hard not to know when "goodbye" is our last farewell. I am certain your friend Mike valued your caring love even when you could not be with him in person.

I am very sorry for your loss Sharon

I am so sorry for Mike's loss, but think he's in a much better place,
may he rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Paty
Husband's Caregiver
Baja California, Mexico

Hi,

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. How are you doing? Are you holding up okay?

God bless,

SoniaT

My husband and I are sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hope and Sandy.

Thank you all very much. SoniaT, I was very touched to see this thread more than a week after Mike's death, and am very grateful to you. Mike's memorial service was Saturday, and it was beautiful and packed. I came away from there with such a better understanding of how he came to mean so much to me -- he meant so much to so many people. Truly, Mike was a very special person who brought immense joy to all of his family and great many friends. Although I feel a huge loss (a whole lot of other losses have been brought up again with this loss, as tends to happen), I also feel so very blessed that I was able to know Mike at all. I came across this poem very recently, and it sums up how we all probably feel when we lose someone we love. I thought it was beautiful:

LOVE-GRATITUDE

The agony is so great...
And yet I will stand it.
Had I not loved so very much
I would not hurt so much.
But goodness knows I would not
Want to diminish that precious love
By one fraction of an ounce.
I will hurt,
And I will be grateful to the hurt
For it bares witness to
The depth of our meanings,
And for that I will be
Eternally grateful.
--Shirley Holzer Jeffrey

Thank you all again. Cindy, BEST OF LUCK TOMORROW! God bless all of you.

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back