Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Vancouver
It was 7 years ago today that my dad passed away as a result of his 4 year struggle with ALS. I miss him everyday. But for some reason this year's anniversary seems harder than others...my memories are beginning to fade. I was 21 when he died, and I feel as though I missed out on having an meaningful adult relationship with him. Having grown up myself now, I see that we had so much in common...so much we could have shared.

I guess I just wanted to put it in writing...He was such a wonderful person and I wish he was still here. I love you Dad, and I miss you so much.

jean

Hi, Jean! God bless your heart, dear. Your post brought some tears to my eyes. Als is so bad, it leaves us shaken for the rest of our lives. I, like you, still miss my son so much, his first yr anny was on the 3rod of this month. It has been a year since the last time I saw him. To me it seems like eternity. The pain never goes away. There are times when you are at peace, and there are times when these sad feelings overcome you. My son was 38 when he passed, 15 days shy of his 39th birthday. I remember when he used to get a kick as he was getting closer to 40, but that was before he was diagnosed. My dear son did not get to see his 40th. That breaks my heart. His daughter is 18, and I just know that whenever she decides to marry and have children, I know it is going to be hard on me. Grand mothers are supposed to be happy, and welcome their grand children. I will not be able to do that. It is going to break my heart instead. This is part of dealing with this damn disease.

My dear friend, will bring this to a close, thanks for the input. Thanks a lot for adding your dear dad to our Memorial list. What was your dad's name, and what was his age when he passed? You have made him one of our Angels. God bless you!

Irma

Hi Jean. My mom passed away when I was 18. That was 40 years ago. I think about her most days. It might be a meal someone cooks that she used to cook or a song on the radio. There are so many fond memories. The pain diminishes but the good memories remain. Take care. AL.

Hello Jean,
Thanks for sharing with us. It is sad that you are missing having an adult relationship with your Dad and especially since you have come to realize that you had many things in common that you could be sharing now. That's the kind of regret you'll carry with you for the rest of your life. It's really hard to deal with and I'm so sorry that you have this sadness in your life. I wish you peace through it all. It never really gets easier, but as you get older and perhaps have a family of your own, you may be able to think about it with a little less pain. I hope that for you.
Take care, Jean.
Jane

Hi Jean- this is a moving tribute you posted to your Dad. I am sure he is looking down and smiling, since your love shows so clearly. thanks for posting and thank you for joining us. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back