Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
I had to share a little good thing! I am the sole caregiver for my husband for 5 years now--the last 3 in a PWC. I have not had a night or day off in all that time for many reasons which I am sure most of you can imagine.

My birthday is in November and a good friend of mine is also celebrating that month. She talked me into trying to plan a long weekend away--so I called my sil asked if she would be willing to stay with hubby for a week. she was more than happy to!

I finally worked up the courage to tell hubby my plans and surprisingly he was ok with the whole thing. I thought for sure he would be negative about it and not want anyone to care for him. luckily his sister is the only one that it doesn't bother him with his personal hygene and care. She probably doesn't really know what she is getting into, but she is willing to try--bless her heart!

I am very excited--going to the beach for 4 days, shopping, drinking, laying by the pool, reading books, sleeping all night and NOT being a caregiver.

That's wonderful for you, Barbie. You deserve a break. So nice of your SIL to readily agree to help out. Yay! Yasmin.

Oh Barbie, I am so happy for you. I know you need the rest. But look at the gifts that have came your way. You asked your husband and his sister and received support that you were unaware you had. Get away and know that everything will run its course at home. You need the get away!

I hope you have the most wonderful time:)

Don't be like my husband he went to
his sister's five hours away he spent one night called several times and came home

So happy for you.

Barbie,

That's great, enjoy every minute of your time away! I'm thrilled for you!

Jen

Wonderful news! It will be great for you. Enjoy every minute! Be sure and try every single margarita flavor available. :)

I'm so glad you are going to be able to actually go somewhere, so you can be relaxed and carefree! Guess your kids are old enough to take care of themselves without any worries! Good for you! CJ

Barbie so glad you are going to get a much desrved break..HUGS

Barbie this is just brilliant news. Well deserved. Enjoy:D

Great News Barbie, relax and enjoy every moment.

Oh Honey go have some fun. Put your feet in the hot sand and sit by that beautiful ocean and just let the wind blow over you. It's the most amazing feeling and it will be a piece of calm and peace that you can carry with you for years and just close you eyes and imagine it all over again whenever you need to. I wish I were going with you.

Wonderful news! Have a blast and a margarita for me!

That is wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back