Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
DK
State
DK
City
Copenhagen
For the past 2 weeks i have been experiencing dyspnea and have been having trouble taking deep breaths. This is of course not very likely ALS, but ive noticed 1: a feeling that some part of my respiratory muscles isnt moving, which is why i cant take deep breaths or get air 'far anough' enough into my lungs 2: having trouble using my diapraghm as much as i used to.
I also think im breathing paradoxically but im not quite sure. I havent been experiencing any sleep disturbances, the shortness of breath doesnt get worse when im lying down, and i dont have a lowered exercise capacity, but im SO worried.
Thanks in advance for your patience, im grateful for any support.

Najab, first, have a read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms It explains what ALS is and how so many symptoms that bring people here are not at all indicative of ALS. I hope it will reassure you.

ALS is a neurological disorder that presents with a whole spectrum of issues, and it's the combination of them that will give a neurologist a clue there's an issue. When folk come to this forum with a specific issue that gives them concern, the best advice we can give is to recommend you see a doctor. When it comes to breathing issues, there is a giant list of reasons for them, and ALS would not generally be one of them. Your best bet is to see a doctor and explain to them what your troubles are, as they can examine you and see what you are talking about and reassure you it's not ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back