Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
My resting heart rate is 85 beats a minute, now that i sleep more upright at night i have not had anymore episodes of tachycardia, my blood pressure is always perfect. I never hear much on here about the heart, when i am sick mt heartrate is worse because i have a harder time breathing....I had a pulmonary function test a long time ago and it was abnormal but not enough to cause concern. Everytime i go to my nuerologist the physical therapist tests my oxygen and heart rate as we walk. It will get as high as 130 just walking a lot. Noone seems concerned, they just want me to stretch but not "excersize." Does anyone know if a high heart rate is something that is normal for those that have slight respiratory weakness? Even though they are weak can i condition myself to lower it? Please dont suggest running because that is no help on so many levels! Thanks,Sam

alex scared

Distinguished member
Country
UK
State
dorset
City
dorchester
hi samantha . . I have mainly breathing and respiratory problems of my own. . And i have noticed that my heart beat is thudding when i lie down or exert myself. . I think is due to the heart having to work harder to pump oxygen round the body . . Have you had a respirat appointment ?

hopingforcure

Very helpful member
Diagnosis
09/2007
Country
US
State
USA
City
Any
ALS Guardian Angels..No Doubt...

Status