Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
IND
State
-
City
-
Hello, I am 18 years old from India. My symptom is breathing problem. When I lie down I don't inhale properly, like shallow breathing because of this I can't fall asleep. I feel anxious. Sometimes I feel my head isn't getting blood. My lungs feel weak, I run out of breath while talking easily. I am an inactive guy. But when I sleep, I dont wake up in middle to catch breath or so.
My questions are
- Is respiratory onset possible at my age?
-What are symptoms of the onset ??
- Is there any other disease with same symptoms?
I have no limb weakness and bulbar weakness.

Thankyou

Hi, Sandlolol, if you had breathing problems due to ALS, they would affect you during sleep as well, so I think you need to look to another cause. Often engaging in more regular physical activity, even walking, can improve your circulation and feelings of being able to take full breaths. Anxiety can also affect breathing. If your breathing continues to bother you, I would see a physician to ensure you are not ill.

Best,
Laurie

Hello Sandlolol,

I cannot say that I have heard everything,, but I've yet to hear of respiratory onset. You stated that you are a "inactive guy" that would lead me to ask about your physical condition. Please forgive me but are you overweight? You are very young and ALS is incredibly rare in someone your age. as mentioned earlier, anxiety may be a factor as well, perhaps it's time for a checkup.

Good luck and God bless,,

Tom

Igelb,
When als affected person notice his/her symptoms ? On onset or after sometime?
I have mild headache too.

Tomsantu, I am underweight and I also have high level allergy. This all started after I tried marijuana tablet for the first time. I had a panic attack and admitted to the hospital for one day.

Thank you so much for helping me I am going physician tomorrow

All right, glad you're going to see the doc. A panic attack will certainly affect your breathing. Marijuana makes me paranoid.

Please keep us updated with what your doc has to say.

Tom

Tom, respiratory onset is a type of ALS, though rare. Gooseberry's husband Steve had it, for one. You will find that we try to be conscientious about giving accurate information to everyone here, as it is taken seriously by those reading.

Sandlolol, some people are very sensitive to marijuana and you may be one of them. It's a good idea for you not to try any other non-prescribed drugs.

I visited a physician today, he checked my chest and weight and said I am normal, and gave me a medicine. That's it, I think it's marijuana, nothing else. I mentioned my problem.
Thank you again

And also, I had x-ray of my chest and doc said it's clear. If I had breathing prob due to als, x-ray would have showed it right?

I have been spanked a couple of times for giving incorrect information, but I think a Pulmonary test is what is required. Not sure that an x-ray would be helpful.

Hope I got this right, good luck and God bless.

Tom

There isn't a breathing test or an X-ray that is diagnostic for ALS. Yes, breathing eventually declines so it is monitored because BiPap will help.

Sandlolol, you need to ask your doctors these questions. Stop the weed. I know people who got COPD from smoking weed.

I'm worried because I don't have problems heart and my lungs are clear too. I can take deep breaths even while lying down but when I take one my lungs feel tight like they can't expand further. I'm also aware my breathing I think it's due to anxiety. I haven't mentioned about als to doc it sounds stupid that's why.

Hello, sorry i have just one doubt about breathing
What happens when you have repiratory thing ?
Like, you cant take deep breaths, ability to take deep breath decreases or you can take deep breath but you arent taking because of some reason like
anxiety.

Shakyness in right hand

My friend is complaining about shakyness or tremor in doctor language in his right hand. He says his right hand start s shaking whenever he holds his phone in landscape position in between his fingers, Also when he’s clicking pics in the landscape position
He tried with his other hand but it didnt shake. He said that phone feels heavy in right, he also mentioned that his right is dominant one. Is it als? Or just weakness he’s really worried and as a best friend i posted this. He doesn’t have atrophy or twitching, just that. It’s iphone 7 not that heavy phone.

Mod note: Mod note- merged threads.
Please stick to one open thread and continue to post here. This helps members keep track of your whole story.

Tremor is different than ALS it is annoying but generally benign.

If you are truly asking about a friend it is a sign of a serious issue. It is NOT NORMAL for 2 healthy men to be discussing whether odd symptoms might be ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back