Respiratory onset age 27 male. Never smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the NCS tables. The EMG is what's relevant to ALS.

If you could post the summary conclusion of the EMG with identifying information removed, that would be more helpful.

I can see that itis at least an 8 page report you have not posted 8 pages Please do so now ( with your name removed) if you want comment

@RV93 I’m so sorry you’re going through all of this. Your fear and search for answers is totally valid. I Hope your trip back to India went well. I realize that things are very terrifying there recently. But I am glad you were able to be seen by a physician. No one here can tell you that you have ALS, likewise, no one here can tell you that you don’t have ALS. There aren’t any licensed neurologists on this forum. All we can do is give our own stories, but even with that, they all vary. No two PALS are exactly the same. But I wanted to offer you some words of support and encouragement. I hope you’re able to get some resolution and peace, regardless of what your diagnosis is. Keep working with your doctors and hang in there!

Hey sorry couldnt post due to the limits . When i asked him if he could provide with the table he said “Different neurologist report differently,
Some people write , but some doctors will give real time snap shots so that any other neurologist will also can understand the results.
My reporting pattern is standard like SGH ( singapore general hospital), I give images.” He said on the phone its looks okay as of now! Wants me to do creatinine kinase , aldolase , mri of spine ( flexion / extension) . I am sorry to put you all through this trouble to read and type it out for me.
CB582169-3258-4D95-AA38-61487E62B94E.jpeg

Attachments

• 031A725B-DE25-4BA0-B4BD-F51C91FEA84E.jpeg
    031A725B-DE25-4BA0-B4BD-F51C91FEA84E.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 0679FE50-5A29-4422-AA4E-5ED4E18F034D.jpeg
    0679FE50-5A29-4422-AA4E-5ED4E18F034D.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 225
Every EMG report will have a summary/conclusion part saying what the doctor concludes and or diagnosis you with. You've been asked a few times now if you can post this so you can get the forum members feedback, yet you still are posting irrelevant sections. In any case, you don't have ALS, which I'm sure you know as you would have been told this by the neurologist. Your symptoms, your clean clinical exams, and your non-ALS EMG all confirm this.

We may not be licensed neurologists, but sadly, those of us who are intimate with the world of ALS know the disease well; sometimes better than a medical professional. As such, you should take these words, and the words of your neurologist, and be so grateful that you don't have this beast of a disease.

You're young, please stop hanging around a site for dying people and go live the healthy life you're blessed to have. Whatever is going on with your current symptoms is treatable. Accept that and continue to work with your doc.

Best of luck to you and stay safe.

Well it is unusual that you did not get a table or summary but you did get a verbal report that it was normal. It sounds like they are pursuing other avenues now with the testing you mentioned. Good luck

So i have been told he’ll give the full report on my next appointment which is next week without the table but it will have the summary! But at the moment he asked for creatine kinase and aldolase because he has noted muscle loss and was thinking about spine dystrophy type iv . I didnt have hyper reflexes at the time of clinical but he didnt check for babinski and clonus thats why his words are not much convincing to me. Is it possible in a case of slow progressing to have normal reflexes first and later be hyper reflexic . I have had calf cramps , finger pain and bicep pain since the emg typing with fingers has become slower in the right hand where i have dexterity issues as well . Lost 2 inches in the bicep since December and my chest has sunk and calf muscle is almost non existent .

Attachments

• 3CE2CA19-C641-4E05-AD06-A2021BCBD5A0.jpeg
    3CE2CA19-C641-4E05-AD06-A2021BCBD5A0.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 75188D38-5F1A-4430-8223-A72BD0478ECB.jpeg
    75188D38-5F1A-4430-8223-A72BD0478ECB.jpeg
    901.3 KB · Views: 235
If you had bicep issues, you wouldn't be holding your arm and flexing your bicep the way you are, particularly in the case of ALS. This is because atrophy comes AFTER muscle function failure.

Further, please do not post pics as they are unhelpful. Please re-read all the info you've so generously been provided, but slowly to ensure you really understand what you've been told.

Finally, provide the summary report once you've received it. No need to post anymore pics or symptoms as doing so could be exacerbating your stress levels..

Looking forward to your non-ALS summary next week. Until then, take good care.

Last edited:
hello writing this and attaching the summary that I got! Due to increase in covid cases here in Singapore appointment got postponed this Friday! Also, had CK and aldolase tests done to check for muscle loss which came back normal! I have started CBT and will be seeing the Neuro again this week! some things have worsened like my right hand has dexterity issues previously I could type using my right hand while laying down on bed but now I cannot do it! The muscle between index finger and thumb on the left hand seems to have gone!
The tip of my tongue has been feeling weird for 1-2 months now it just feels I might start slurring soon! have nausea as well!
With hand issues and tongue tip weirdness along with some breathing difficulties my mind is moving toward bulbar onset now!

1622027491666.png

With full respect for how scared you are, you need to stop.
You have a totally clean result, imagine how that feels to those of us who didn't, yet are being asked to sympathise with your panic. It is not reasonable to continue posting further here, asking terminally ill people to help.

Please, see your doctor, televisits are a very good option. You are not starting bulbar issues, but your panic is very real and you need help from your doctor. Please stop coming here so that you can be truly helped to return to a long life of health.

I am sorry never meant to trouble anyone! I am a hypochondriac for sure but idk what's happening to me and reading so many stories to which I can relate to a young 21 year old had dexterity issues then slurred along with some breathing problems!

I have been getting this weird tongue tip feeling from past couple of weeks but from last two or three days i am feeling it more ! It isn’t twitching from what i can tell and neuro checked it about a month ago and said nothing but the tip just feels weird while talking or doing nothing . Also, i tried to do a spit take but couldn’t do . Anyways I'll stop posting after this!

Just stop posting period, please. Your many, many questions have been answered already. You've also been asked to stop posting, to which you disrespectfully replied with more questions. If you cannot get your health anxiety under control, it may be best to go speak to someone who can help. You'll get much further with helping yourself that way than trolling sites that are meant for the terminally ill and their caregivers.

Best of luck to you and take good care.

Mod note- closing thread, it has run its course. Please don't open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back