US
State
IL
City
Elmhurst
Respiratory Care in ALS
See links below for the recording of the subject webinar
This is an excellent presentation.
first link is to the Les Turner ALS Foundation ALS Learning Series and the second is the direct link to the YouTube video.
(disclosure: I get my care at Northwestern Medicine)

Thanks. This is timely. Pre-COVID, I easily passed the breathing test and during COVID there was limited contact with Clinic. Meanwhile, as hands and voice were going, I was focused on OT & Speech, not respiratory. My first Clinic video chat was two weeks ago. The respiratory guy immediate jumped in and arranged for a biPAP and cough assist. I said ok, not really understanding the significance!!! This summed it up nicely…

This is one of the best presentations I've seen on this subject.

Has anyone used breath stacking exercises using an Ambu bag, as demonstrated in one of the little videos within the presentation? If so, who supplied the device for you? I was thinking of asking my old firefighter/EMT friends to cobble something together for me.
I do breath stacking on my own, but thinking using the bag might be more beneficial…

I received the Ambu bag from the clinic. Currently I use the cough assist machine to do a similar exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back