Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry off to moderation.

I and a friend have tried every promise saw every quack tried ever theory bought medical promising equipment had out of the country treatment s.Tried eastern western medicine .Collectively totaling over $100,000
Guess what ?There is No cure or treatment for ALS. Only creep looking to take advantage of desperate dying people .

So if that why your here BYE!

trfogey,
You tell me. That's why I was asking my questions.

Each of your original questions assumes that there is a neurotoxin that causes ALS. That is a conclusion that you appear to have drawn from your "little research". Presumably, if you've drawn such a conclusion, you've identified a particular neurotoxin or perhaps a group of potential candidates, so I'm asking you to pass that information along.

I don't see me promoting a "theory" but if you get a rise out of putting people down for legitimate inquires then maybe you should see a psychiatrist to address your insecurity issues before you attempt to provide answers to people who want to know more about ALS.

Yes, you are promoting a theory -- the "ALS is caused by a neurotoxin" theory. And you are postulating a possible relationship to hormonal imbalances in your second question, leading to a potential treatment with "natural" medicine in your third question and your subsequent response to TedH5.

As to your evaluation of either my psychiatric state or my motivation for posting as I do, thank you for offering it, but you know even less about psychiatry than you do about ALS. Not surprising, though, since Wikipedia seems to be your primary research resource, which explains both your lack of knowledge about ALS and your affinity for conspiracy theories.

I truly to have empathy for you having this disease. It does not give you license to promote your bitterness towards others. I'm hear to find answers if you cannot provide meaningful input please do not respond.

What is apparently meaningful to you is speculative malarkey that's been endlessly discussed around here. You'd do far better to spend less time posting silly questions and more time searching the archives of this site for answers to your questions. Then, you won't come across as quite so poorly informed.

We all have a theory about what MIGHT have triggered our ALS but it has no science backing it
I got sick after a tetanus shot and my neurologist didn't say no way she said could be.It was my first time l received one in my life and all veteran had tetanus when entering the service have high numbers of ALS .l read the insert in the vial of tetanus came in and it mentioned may cause neurological symptoms.But l have no proof

you're a great man trfogey
love fom Türkiye :)

My neuro espoused this theory of the "trigger", too, as you have said, Alyoop. Thinking over when my symptoms started, I had a bug bite in that spot. Doc said that ALS often starts with some sort of injury. The bug bite didn't GIVE me ALS, but it certainly turned the key in the lock. I wonder if I had gone to the dr at the time if it would have stopped it. Who goes to the dr for a stupid bug bite, though? rhetorical question...

Most probably tendency to ALS is written in your genes .When you have hard - stressful days it accelerates the starting of the disease. Let's say you can have it after 60 ( ALS is more probable after the age of 60),because of your problems that you you have difficulties to overcome , your immune system gets weak than BOOM.
In one of the texts I have read about ALS ,it is said that people who are so sensitive and weak are more probable to have ALS . I think Personlity characteristics are also important .

I don't think personality has a darned thing to do with this. Many of us were strong, determined, energetic people. This is a glutimate respnose at nerve endings, and looking for a personality cuase is useless. We know there is a gene as it has been identified, but I have health reocrds bakc 400 years on both side of my family, that isn't me.

Sounds like the author of that book was a turkey. Sounds like bull crap to me.

AL

Most probably tendency to ALS is written in your genes .When you have hard - stressful days it accelerates the starting of the disease. Let's say you can have it after 60 ( ALS is more probable after the age of 60),because of your problems that you you have difficulties to overcome , your immune system gets weak than BOOM.
In one of the texts I have read about ALS ,it is said that people who are so sensitive and weak are more probable to have ALS . I think Personlity characteristics are also important .

I think through my extensive research on this forum I have found a common personality trait! All the PALS and CALS on here are good people with big hearts! ;-)

To Sensitive and weak brings on ALS. You've got to be kidding me! My husband is mentally and physically was one of the strongest people I've ever known. The CEO of the company I work for which does 700 million dollar a year died June 2010 with ALS. Skipper Bowles (Erskine Bowles father) was a politician and business man died of ALS. I only hope I have as much strength as people living with ALS. They watch their life as they know it disappear, not able to do the simplest task and they know what the end results will be with absolutely no hope. These people are not weak. I think genetics play an important part in ALS the same as it does in heart disease, cancer and dementia.

O M G are you serious?Sensitive? Weak? Are you serious? I don't know where to start with you? But I will be nice:) My father was a Baltimore city police officer for 42 years, worked over time at ball games, football games, race track ect... For 25 years he was in traffic and breathed in lead gas fumes before emissions, he had a motorcycle accident and had a head injury He got a tick bite 6 months before Bulbar, and he had his shots for the service too. Pick one.
Weak, sensitive? OMG Are you smoking those chinese herbs or putting them in brownies.
MY FRIENDS ON THIS SITE ARE SOME OF THE STRONGEST PEOPLE i HAVE EVER MET. I am a Cancer Sign and very sensitive, so am I going to get it too? Go smoke some more herbs and eat some more brownies and see what other stupid ideas you can come up with.:0

Not too respectful of your husband are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back