Research at University of Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
... ahh my alma mater. Seems to me that we were talking about toxins a few months ago. I think Al said that he knew of a few more fire fighters who have developed ALS.

T.

Re:

[quote:bb191c1234="TBear"]... ahh my alma mater. Seems to me that we were talking about toxins a few months ago. I think Al said that he knew of a few more fire fighters who have developed ALS.

T.[/quote:bb191c1234]

Apparently there were quite a few in the Navy as well...whether it was the fuel exhaust from the stacks or the aluminum cooking utensils, who knows?
Curiouser...

That is true. I do know of some other firefighters with the disease as well as an assortment of weird cancers. My sister living in Victoria had a Navy submariner (a guy who works in submarines ,for those not in the know) that had ALS for 17 years before passing on and he told her that a lot of the guys he worked with got ALS.
Possible diesel fumes ? They were diesel electric back in those days. Fumes from the storage batteries? Both scenarios sound about right to me for toxic exposure being a cause. I'm certainly no rocket scientist but to me there must be something to it.

Uncle who worked as a machinist making aluminum cans
has just been diagnosed with ALS...can you say Heavy metals!
Somehow there needs to be education to help prevent this from happening. Its become a toxic world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back