Status
Not open for further replies.

LUIGI575

Hi everyone. Family member coming to stay with us and we must renovate (soon). Is there any funding or sponsorship to help with the cost of bathroom renovations and a wheelchair ramp? Does anyone have suggestions for bathroom...do we install 'walk in' shower stall, or keep the tub and use a lift? What has worked best in your situation? We live in Ontario.
:? [/b]

Hi Luigi. The CMHC sometimes will help with funding but the household income has to be less than about $32,000. The March of Dimes will help in certain cases but you can not have started the renovations before applying. Forms can be found online. If all else fails contact the ALS Society of Ontario. They may be able to help. As a matter of fact I'd call them first because they could steer you in the right direction. They have people dealing with this every day.
My own personal preference is for a wheel in shower. That's what we are planning on putting in in the spring. Hope this helps. Al.

Hi Luigi:
Try the service club organizations local to you, like the Lions or Rotary Clubs. They might help out... but Al is right... go to ann ALS clinic and they should steer you in the right direction.
Al, we had a wheel in shower at our place. I built a ramp and a false floor for the shower out of cedar. The hot water made it smell like a sauna!

CHeers
T.

That sounds pretty neat. I'll ask my builder about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back