Remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finished our remodel/addition just a few months ago. Lots of delays occurred along the way. It sure is nice have access for Tom throughout much of the house now.

I hope the completion of the project is sooner rather than later! Looks awesome!

These are some photos of the work we had done. The flooring is luxury vinyl tile...an oxymoron if I ever heard one:)

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 255
Mary it looks so nice. It was worth the wait!

Mary, love it and peaceful looking. They want to put the luxury vinyl tile in my bedroom. It seems to look like wood on your pic. So am guessing it is a good choice?

It was a great choice - there's the good and not so good but the good outweighed the not so good. It is inexpensive, durable, and looks great! We did put a barrier down under it for softening sound, and some comfort. We are on a concrete slab so the barrier was worth it for the sound but not really for the comfort. I wear comfortable shoes in the house because it's too hard for me in bare feet. I have some arthritis in my ankles. For the power wheelchair it is awesome. We got the hand scraped look because my husband has a service dog, a lab, and I inherited my son's 2 mini dach's due to his multiple deployments.

Oh gosh, it really is peaceful, that is a good description. We had the ceiling painted yellow, walls green, and I created a perennial garden that can be seen from the windows of our room. It has a feel of being outside while being inside. I could live in just the addition. We have a swing door from the addition to the main house too, and deck with ramp out the back. I'll put up photos of those too.

You are going to love it when it is done. It was definitely worth the wait, though I do admit to crankiness while it was happening...lol

Thanks Mary. I also have two dogs but both are over 14 years old so we have had to make decisions for flooring based on them before. I do think durable is the way to go.

Happy that the addition is so loved by you and I am hoping that my bedroom and bath turn out peaceful and happy also. Please do put up more pics. I love looking at them. I also admit to crankiness right now. We are staying in our home while this goes on and I now have all my stuff scattered out throughout different bedrooms and bathroom so it is a lot of effort getting ready for work.

Now if I could get the contractors to come to work instead of taking days off I would be happy.

We are in a hotel because of breathing issues and it isnt much fun. Its funny because our bedroom is green and the window casings are yellow. We put in engineered hardwood flooring and tile. I wasnt crazy about the vinyl but we didnt need it either since we dont have pets

yeah... don't think we could go the hotel route with my mother and the two dogs. I would go nuts. My bedroom right now is Sage. Lol Not sure what color I am going with yet. I am not crazy about vinyl either but the new luxury vinyl comes in planks and even looks better than the laminate.

We have the luxury vinyl planks as well, and anybody that comes thinks it is real wood. I like it because we have a dog, and I don't have to worry so much when Tim rolls in with wet tires. I had wood floors in my other house, and they were beautiful, but I did have to take care of them a lot more.
The reno looks great!
Paulette

It's so good when your rents are done and you can settle back in and enjoy them.
Love Gem

wow, that is beautiful! hope you enjoy!

Hope this is the right post to use for my question. The remodeling is already having issues. One big concern is the bathroom door. They did widen it to 34 inches but after the door jam and door, the clear opening is only 30 inches wide. Can anyone tell me if the clearance will work? I need to know if I should make them re-do it to what I wanted was at least 32- 34 clearance. The entry to the bedroom is the same size so I am wondering if because I did not ask to widen it, they matched it.

Scared, the 30 is really tight! If he is a great pic driver and you have a straight on with no turns you could get by but----will probably get dents in the door jams! If you asked for 34 and they only gave you 30, definitely make them redo it. Pocket doors work beautifully because you don't have the extra inches the door/ hinges take up. Good luck.

Thanks Cheerleader. I am thinking they did the bathroom to match the door coming into the bedroom. I did not ask for the bedroom door to be widened and figured we would deal with it later and take off the door if needed. But, I am paying to have the bathroom remodeled for his access so when I wanted at least ADA clearance and asked for a 34 clearance I did not mean a 34 inch door. They are the contractors and should know the acceptable width and if not ask. So I guess I will make them re-do it. Why pay for a handicap bathroom and have trouble getting into it.

Ada is 36" opening I believe

All the renos look awesome. They will make things so much better for everyone.
Thanks all for sharing your pics.
God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back