Status
Not open for further replies.
HI

One more thing--if she was a caregiver for someone when she had active TB--that person should also be tested. Most people that need a caregiver are immune compromised to some degree.

I thought about that, too. She is out of state right now...way out of state. I've read that the health department would ask for all her close contacts, but she is pretty much mentally incapacitated. She worked for a company that more or less provided housekeeping and errand running. They were not allowed to give meds. Her last client hired her privately after meeting her through that company. The son that is still here in town has been helping this ladie's husband who is much older than she is. They do not live together. Anyway, don't know how much of this I should go butting into.

But one of our friends called me last night and said that she will have our local health department test her "just for peace of mind". So our local health department will be notified that there was an active case of TB here.

My friend had many social contacts. Thankfully, TB is not supposed to be highly contagious. Even though it is contagious it is not supposed to be very easy to catch. Kind of scary to think how many people have been exposed, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back