Relyvrio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buglaw's post prompted me to call Aetna. Rep said no prior auth needed. $43 copay. O message NP at clinic. Status? She contacts specialty pharmacy. Will be mail order.
Ok. I know we are not done yet. I dont think its going to show up in the mail. Why arent we done? Because no payment has been requested. I dont know how to connect the dots.

You don't have a credit card on file with your mail order pharmacy? Usually you can set that up.

How are you guys taking this. It might be the worst thing I’ve tasted, and I’m from Chicago and have Malort on a not that infrequent basis.

Tomswife,

I’d call the pharmacy and ask what is needed to complete the order. That’s how I found out mine was ready to ship once they received the copay. I don’t know why they never called and asked for the information. One would think they want their $12,000 or so from your insurance company for the month.

Buglaw. Yes. Will call.

My husband says he likes the taste 😂. However he loves to eat bitter melon, so maybe this is a similar flavor profile to that. I think a complaint about taste is common from what I’ve read from other people.

Tom’s wife - can you ask your Amylyx care team member to help? I found ours very helpful! She sorted out the issue with the co-pay that Accredo was billing us for.

I am posting these details so that others may know things like RX get stuck in the pipeline.
I called CVS specialty pharmacy. 18003081977 to discuss the Relyvrio RX and to arrange the copay. They have the RX. But it cant go forward. There is a question for prescriber (cant tell me) and it is on hold. I need to msg Clinic NP via portal and have her call CVS Specialty pharmacy to discuss issue.
Summary. Never wait for something to happen unless you are assured it will.

Questions are usually either 1 an unusual dosage or something in the patient history that is a caution or contraindication like a drug interaction or allergy. It might be as simple as thy wrote it to start twice a day instead of once with an increase. I use regular caremark and they always question a new prescription of a drug I take because it is an unusual dose ( even though they have been filling it before) as soon as they check with the doctor / np it goes through quickly. Hopefully this will be the case. I am surprised they are not proactively contacting your doctor

Yes your Amylyx care team member will definitely help you out. As I stated before I started the process on 10/7 and was denied on 11/16. After 15 days of the denial I was able to be put into a program that would provide me with the medication for 2 months without being processed through insurance while the appeal was done. My care team member called yesterday to tell me I was denied a second time unbeknownst to me. I don't quite understand it but after the second denial from CVS Caremark Speciality Pharmacy it got kicked back to Cigna my drug plan provider they approved the drug. Now instead of the drug coming from Caremark which is my specialty pharmacy, it will be filled through Accredo. It's very confusing but I'm not going to argue.

I am sorry. I dont know what an Amylyx care team member is. Sorry.

Yes. We filled out a form. But were not given any info. It was rushed.

Actually. I signed the form.

I just checked my Clinic papers. I was not given a copy. Just- here sign this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back