Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscar, your symptoms could point to thyroid problems, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, dehydration, poor sleep...the list goes on. You are seeing a doctor who is taking you thru the necessary methodical steps to figure out what is wrong. It is difficult to be patient when you dont feel quite right. But uou have to be. Until the doctors figure it out, go live your life to the fullest. Knowing it is disease xyz isnt necessarily good.

Oscar, your symptoms could point to thyroid problems, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, dehydration, poor sleep...the list goes on. You are seeing a doctor who is taking you thru the necessary methodical steps to figure out what is wrong. It is difficult to be patient when you dont feel quite right. But uou have to be. Until the doctors figure it out, go live your life to the fullest. Knowing it is disease xyz isnt necessarily good.

Thanks for the input, your last line freaked me out. I'm still hoping all of this is somotaform disorder.

I'm just hoping to get a no ALS resolution out of this process and come back here and post an alternative diagnosis so other DIHALS can see it and maybe keep a lid on threads consisting of 'Ive had a single twitch, is this ALS/MND?'

I seem in good hands at Macquarie Neurology. If I'm being honest I'm completely freaking out about my EMG.

It's funny how when your going through these moments in life how there seem to be constant reminders throughout the day. On the radio today they were speaking about an older lady with MND and some fundraising and how Professor Dominic Rowe(head of macquarie neurology) says that MND is on the rise in Australia.

Seeing my GP tomorrow for results from some other blood tests and may go down the sleep study path as I wake up more tired than when I went to bed. Might just be the Anti-depressant that I'm on Mirtazapine which helps you sleep, but my sleep issues I think have been going on for my whole adult life so may be an avenue I explore.

OK, Oscar, that's enough. This is a forum for people with ALS. Write again if you are diagnosed with ALS. Until that happens, take your concerns elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back