Reference Thread of who we are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twospeed99

My name is Bob, 42 yrs, truck driver extrordiniare, live in BC, 4 kids girl 5, twin boys 8, and 15 yr old boy.Possible diagnosed last month probable familial, brother has had it for 23 years so hopefully I'll be a long term survivor myself.Still working and trying to get on with life, it's getting easier every day.

Welcome Bob ,Sorry about your luck in being here but we're rather a unique bunch here. We believe in helping each other ,passing on knowledge and most of all we believe in making the best of the shit-y circumstances that have befallen us. You might find our humour dark at times and sometimes just plain silly but most of us firmly believe that if you can't look adversity in the face and laugh you may be in trouble. Stick around and ask what you need to know or just tell us how you are feeling. We all deal with this in similar but different ways. Don't be shy. Tell us what's on your mind. We really do care. AL.

Thanks Al, wish we could of met under better circumstances though.It's been nice to have some where to sound off and read other peoples thoughts on this bump in the road.

Hi Bob and welcome,

Sorry to hear about your possible als diagnosed. We will be here to help you along the way, and to offer advice and comfort and of course answer any questions that you may have. Most of us here have concrete advice, and some of us here offer advice that you will have to sift through and decide for yourself if it is relative to you and your well being. I think that you will find all of us pretty good and honest. Our sense of humour here is as Al said a mainstay. It is imperative that you maintain humour to get through some of your dark days. That is for anyone. Hope that you are doing okay and we will all be here for you anytime you need us.God Bless.

Stay Strong, Carol

Glad you guys are here!

It's so encouraging to read all your messages, to know there is a community out there.

My mom's name is Sharon, she was diagnosed July 2005 at the of 58.
Her right leg weak and she needs a cane to get around. Her speech is slightly slurred and she has choked a few times.
We live in Brampton, Ontario.
Currently my mom is drinking ensure, taking a B complex and Vitamin E.
She goes to curves to exercise 3-4 times a week and takes a walk every night. She recently walked the length of the CNE and we were very proud of her!

I have many questions, which I'll post in another message. I am truly grateful for this forum.

Lily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back