Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
NY
City
New York City
Hi All, I’m looking for recommendations for an experienced biological dentist in the NYC or Northeast region to remove my silver amalgam fillings. So far the only really expert ones I’ve heard of are Gerry Curatola in NYC who appears to be very expensive, and Blanche Grube in Scranton who is probably going to retire soon. Has anyone worked with other biological dentists you’d recommend? Thank you and take good care my brothers and sisters!

There is no evidence that removing amalgam will improve your health. There is good evidence that it will not, and it carries its own risks and costs.

I agree with Laurie. Alternative dentistry is not subject to the same kinds of regulations and evidence-based practices as traditional dentistry. Regular visits to a respected traditional dentist and hygienist will do you the most good and save you money in the long run. Those amalgam theories come and go and are not proven.

Have you already done a comprehensive heavy metal test? Why mess with something that has very little risk?
I had a heavy metal test and my mercury level was extremely low. Get the test. It's more of a risk to eat high mercury fish than to keep old fillings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back