Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
I’ve pretty much lost my ability to play bassoon due to loss of fine motor strength in my hands. I decided to make a series of recordings for my partner while I still could. I guess it’s a bit like voice banking in that I probably should have done this sooner. The recording here is a popular Celtic melody, Ashokan Farewell. I could only play for a few minutes at a time, so if I made mistakes, I would have have to rest and re-record.

Attachments

• Ashokan Farewell .zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 276
Oh that celtic music is so soul piercing isn't it?
Just beautiful, thank you that I now have a piece of you to treasure too!

Beautiful... Thank You!!

Thx so much Karen,
Love Ashokan farewell,believe ken burns used it in his work on civil war
Praying for acceptance when we lose another piece

Love ya

Chally

Thanks guys. I apologize for the way the link is attached. This forum is not set up to allow for streaming or embedded sound files that can be played via the thread. If anyone can’t figure out how to play this link and wants to hear the music, pm me and I’ll email it to you.

It's beautiful. You are so talented. I don't even have words to describe the emotion I feel when listening to it.

Karen while listening to your music your presence felt almost palpable. Thank your for sharing, it is beautiful.
have nice days

The bassoon is one of the most poignant woodwinds to start with...this piece and the way you play it, all the more so.

Best,
Laurie

Karen, thanks.

An instrument I was unfamiliar with. Not too many in Rock n Roll. :)

I'm going to You Tube to maybe hear more. Thanks again.

(PS. I even found a Bassoonist doing a solo of the National Anthem on You Tube.)

Golly. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back