Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
For those of you who wear a full face mask with your BiPap/Trilogy, can you share with me your model? Because of my sinus problems I can't wear my Dreamwear nasal mask for another 6 weeks. My RT brought me two masks yesterday - Resmed Mirage Quatro (which actually bruised the bridge of my nose) and the Resmed Air Fit F10 (which is pretty comfortable but leaks no matter how much you tighten it). If anyone out there has one they are happy with and also has easy headgear, please share with me. Thanks.

Vince

Battle of the masks is never ending.

We have a whole collection of them now, and NONE work great.
Cut nose, leaks, chinstraps that slip off, etc, etc
I will stop, this is sounding like a rant.

Maybe someone out there has a solution?

I can handle the leaks now and then but I want something that is comfortable. We all have to battle the noise of the machine as well as the other irritating sounds but just want some comfort.

Vince

I use the quatro. I had the medium, which bruised my nose and cheeks. The therapist suggested I go down a size to a small, which, weirdly enough, did not bruise my nose and worked a dream. It could be the models you are using are appropriate, but the sizing is wrong.

I use the Fisher & Paykel Simplus Full Face Mask and it seems to work well for me. It doesn't leak even with my goatee.

The Simplus mask is the top-rated FF mask on cpap.com at the moment, and also on sale. It is made by F&P, who usually design a little differently from the others. I would also scroll through the cpap.com selection and consider the reviews/face shape, etc.

Some masks can accept different headgears (sold sep.) as well.

I use the amara view mask. It gives me a good seal and I can wear my glasses to read and watch tv.
Vincent

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. My dad had the same issue and the Amara View worked the best after trying a dozen of them. He developed a deep sore on his nose from some of them and the Amara was able to let it heal.

I have not been able to find a mask that would work well. The last setting change put the pressure so high that I could not get a seal with any mask and was not able to sleep with the constant noise of it breaking that seal and setting off the alarms. So I went to my daytime low setting and now I get headaches but can at least sleep without the seal braking noise. More importantly my wife can sleep without worrying about me with all the noises.

Steve used the quattro. He was fitted with a medium..didnt work. Went up to a large and it worked well. You could try a little gauze under the nose bridge.

The alarms were a nuisance. I turned them off on steves trilogy. Like you pete, no one slept with them going off all the time. The other thing is, if you can turn over in bed you might try running the hose up so as you move it doesnt get tangled. Steve kinda hugged his and it caused kinks that set off alarms.

Vince, I tried various full face masks - different brands & sizes - but just could not find a suitable one. I ended up trying a Total Face Mask and loved it from night #1.

It is not suitable for day use, just for sleeping, but I find it supremely comfortable. I am a mouth breather.

Pete, let me know if you want to turn off the alarms -- no need for a leak alarm, etc. The key ones like power failure remain. Also, I'm sure there's a mask that would work with settings that prevent headaches! Which ones did you try? cpap.com frequently has models with return insurance.

Best,
Laurie

Like some of you, I've had my best luck with the Amara View by Philips Respironics. I have lost track of how many different masks I've used. Unfortunately, I don't do well with "nasal only" types of masks. And most full face masks leak on me. And the more I tighten them to fix leakage the more they would hurt. Many of them would leave terrible bruises on the bridge of my nose. My wife's Respiratory Technician was talking to me about masks and I mentioned how I'd settled on the Quattro FX as the best I was going to get to work. He said, "Let me get something" and walked to his car. He brought back the Amara View Full Face mask and said, "This is a new demo I was just given. Try it out. For letting me know what you think compared to all of the masks you've tried, I'll let you keep it at no cost if you like it. Like it? I LOVE IT! It is the easiest to adjust, does not leak and actually almost feels like I have nothing on my head. I have never been so pleased with a mask!

Jim

Hi Vince, Sorry you are not able to use your Dreamwear one any more I know you were pretty comfortable with it. Jon uses the The Simplus mask Medium along with the head gear. It has been the only one that works for him the way his mouth drops open while he sleeps.
Take Care
Katie

I'll be able to go back to my Dreamwear mask when I get this sinus junk cleared up. On Levofloxacin (antibiotic) and Prednesalone (steroid). Hope they do the trick. Looked up the Simplus, my that head gear looks obtrusive. Doesn't look like I could wear my glasses with it. Also says it has clips? If so, my fingers don't have the strength to undo the clips. I'll figure something out.

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back