Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
My wife has a Permobil C300 but prefers to have me push her around the house in a transfer chair. The one we have is old and in need of being replaced. Can anyone recommend a good dependable, sturdy, comfortable, etc..... transfer chair..:) I want to purchase one online but have no idea which brands are the best. thank you in advance!

There are many kinds/features. How does she transfer from the chair currently? How much does she weigh? What is her current one?

I trust she's aware that at some point the C300 will probably have to come into the picture...?

Best,
Laurie

I help her transfer from the bed to her transfer chair. She isn't able to stand alone but she still use her left leg to pivot on. she has used the c-300 for over 3 years now, and we still use it when we leave the house.. We sold our home and moved into a smaller condo. Even though we have widened most of the doorways, she still would rather be in the transfer chair due to the size of the C-300..... She weights about 135 lbs and her current chair is a Dura-med.

Thanks for clarifying. I'd look into the Ergonomic series transport chairs made by Karman (various versions available on Amazon and elsewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back