Diagnosis
10/2020
Country
US
State
VA
City
Herndon
I recently purchased a power lift recliner but find myself sliding out of it during the night. Did I purchase the wrong chair ? Is their something I can do instead of buying another chair ?

Welcome, Gerry, and sorry that you find yourself here.

Why are you sleeping in it? Most of the time a bed is better.
If it is fully reclined like a bed and you are falling out, that may simply relate to the fact that it's hard to sleep in a very narrow space.
If you're sitting up, partially reclined, your body may be trying to find a more comfortable position and/or the chair may be too tall or deep, or too short/shallow.
Did you pick the size based on your height/weight?

Best,
Laurie

Good morning Laurie,
Thanks for responding.
I was finding I was getting a claustrophobic feeling when laying in bed. Sitting up relieved me of that phobia.
We did purchase a recliner based on my H/W.
It feels like the seat does not slope back enough.

Gerry

I am not sure what is up with the chair. Is it ok during the day? What kind is it?

while you should be able to sleep in it without falling out it sounds like you need a hospital bed which would allow you to adjust it to whatever angle you need

Is it vinyl? I put a non skid rug pad on the seat of my husband’s vinyl lift chair which stopped his sliding.

Good morning,
The chair is a fabric material, non-slip
It seems like the angle of the seat creates this sliding feeling, almost like the front needs raised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back