01/2008
Country
US
State
MI
City
Washington
i need some help w/this site

Hi Cheryllynn - sorry you are having trouble. What can we help you with? Are you having trouble posting? Be patient, ask you questions if you can, and someone knowledgeable will answer you.

Sharonca

ALS diagnosis?

CherylLynn,

So sorry you are here, but hopefully you will receive the support you need to help you through this complex disease.

Have you been diagnosed with ALS?

Walking seems like a way of life, but there are much more worse challenges with this darn disease that robs us of our way of life.

Try to take one day at a time and do not let anyone or anything stop you from doing whatever you really enjoying doing. Concentrate on the positive things in life surrounding you and try to forget all the negative in your life as you live each day to the fullest.

You will be stronger each day by focusing on life in a different light.

We are here for you for information as well as support. You have come to an exceptional site.

Hugs,
Caroliney

If you go to the New Member area and click it there are sticky's at the top of the page with some instructions. Also at the top of most of the pages is the FAQ frequently asked questions. Try there.
AL.

CherylLynn, Caroliney's words are profound. You will learn to cope with this with a positive attitude. I have "graduated" from walking cane to rollator walker. For longer distance, I use an electric scooter which disassembles into five pieces and fits iinto the trunk of our car. My wife can disassemble and assemble it im mere minutes. These are examples of the aids available to cope. Also, as you will learn from surfing this excellent web site, you will learn about ALS clincis and ALS support groups, even if you only have one of the lesser aggressive types of MND.

Take care.

Bobby C -

What is the make/model of your scooter? What was the cost?

Liz

Bobby C -

What is the make/model of your scooter? What was the cost?

Liz
Liz, I have a Pride Go Go. It's a Elite Traveller, Model SC40E, three wheels, weight capacity 260 pounds. The four wheel scooters are a bit more stable, but most have a 10 inch wider turning radius than my three wheeler. I bought it from Scooters to Go, in Austin, Texas for $1100 . This is a little cheaper than getting direct from the factory or internet distributors. It disassembles into five pieces (the basket counts as one piece.) The heaviest piece, the battery is about 22 pounds, the total weight is 75 plus battery or 97 pounds. It fits into the trunks of our Buick Park Avenue and Saturn SL2 and a compartment on our motor home.

If we are going to one of the sports arenas at The University, we use the walker for very short distances to our mobility impaired seating. For long distance from the parking facilities, we use the scooter. One problem is stowing it during games, but the Universsity event personnel are becoming more accomodating about helping us with stowing. In Walmart and similar stores, including the bigger grocery stores, we count on using their scooters with the shopping baskets attached. When we finish shopping, one of the store's employees follows us to the car and retuns the scooter to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back