Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
I'm not even going to go into the 1st 150+ reasons why I hate this disease as I'm sure everyone else has their own, so I'll try & keep it light. For me, reason #151 why I hate this damn disease.....I DON'T OWN ANY STOCK IN JOHNSON & JOHNSON! I thought I'd try and make one of Scott's favorite dishes tonight--homemade Squash Casserole (using HIS recipe and HIS techniques....) Needless to say that didn't go so well! Once again, tried using the mandolin from hell----once again ended up at my Mom's house bleeding like hell (yep....I'd already gone through my box of bandaids from the last time the mandolin and I were acquainted). Thank goodness for Mom and her box of bandaids (yep....Johnson & Johnson). I think Hubby enjoyed though (he & our oldest grandson are lying here & both are snoring like pigs). Seriously need to check out some Johnson & Johnson stock after I'm able to pull the bandaids off my fingers! Thoughts and prayers with everyone!

Ruth

I'm an idiot--what's a mandolin? I only know of the musical instrument....

But if it's some sort of chopper thingy, they make a neat one that does it all by pumping a little plunger. They are great. If it's a knife--well, you're on your own, LOL. I'm dangerous with sharp objects.

Direct pressure and elevation for bleeds, you poor thing. Hand injuries are so painful because the hands are so sensitive. My sympathies are with you.

Don't forget the neosporin!

(I still feel like an idiot for not knowing what a mandolin is--of course, I couldn't cook squash if you paid me--have never even tasted it.

Duplicate post. My puter hates me. It's deleting entire paragraphs and I have no idea why!

a mandolin is a flat device with a slot/blade in the middle for making very thin slices of vegetables... or fresh protein in some cases. You theoretically slide the veggie down the mandolin and the blade underneath removes a slice the thickness of a potato chip.

Ruth... honey, maybe it's time for a food processor? Hope your hand feels better soon.

Oh Lawd, I was thinking you know like an orange..sitting here at first wondering how that would make you bleed. I swear sometimes I can be so dumb..lol

God, I hate the mandolin. I never use one. The old way of cutting for me. Oh, and I am still so familiar with Johnson & Johnson too! I keep a box in every room!

Ruth, sorry you have to rely on Johnson & Johnson! I'm usually doing something stupid with a yard implement! But, about 6 months ago I knifed myself! LOL I was slicing, the old fashioned way, and got distracted, trying to understand what my husband was saying! I bled like a stuck pig. Not only did I slice my finger, but partially sliced my fingernail bed. I was freaking, running round holding my hand. Now that I look back on it, I musta looked pretty funny to my son and husband! I always make sure I have more band-aids than I ever think I'll need!

LOL! We go with toilet paper and sport tape. But, then again, I have five kids who are somewhat accident prone, so the Bandaid thing might bankrupt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back