Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Ottawa
I don't understand why someone would tell me that illness in the body is a reaction to emotional or psychological trauma... It implies that I am responsible for my ALS? Really? Does not make sense at all. What a load of crap, I say!*

Cricks -

Last spring, an acquaintance stopped me on the street and told me she had heard about my diagnosis via a mutual friend. She immediately went on to explain to me, with great enthusiasm, that curing ALS is "simply a question of mind over matter".

I could actually think myself healthy.... if I wanted to.

I asked her which third world country had granted her a medical degree. I went on my way... and never looked back!

Did some one really suggest that people bring on their illness by emotional and physc means? Are they saying we deserve it? Holy Cow!

Nah, Vicki, the idiots are saying that things that have happened to us have caused it---things like abuse, or depression. mental stresses....

Actually, psychological things CAN manifest in physical illness---but I don't believe ALS is one of the things it can be. Sheesh. What morons.

Mind over matter. yeah-... if only.

Elaine--I'd have probably smacked her.

This was thought up by a french doctor after seeing a group of hysterical women in the 1800's.
Its never been medically proved but is used for people where no medical evidance of illness can be found......in other words they dont know whats wrong but don't want to loose face and admit it.
Neuro's only know a tiny percentage about the brain,they can't always be 100% certain on anything.

Lol...maybe we should bleed the humours out too. Another saying i don't like is "stuff happens for a reason"... I prefer s*** happens and that is that. No need to make sense out of it. On another note...awfully nice out today, can hear the birds and the sun is shining bright. Out I go...wishing you a good day. Thanks guys and talk to you soon :)

I learned very quickly that people are very inconsiderate. And now a days everyone thinks they are a dr thanks to dr google. Some people are so ignorant.

I believe all of us sane and compassionate souls deserve a good stiff drink. Let's forget about the others ! ! !

Hear! Hear! frankb! My fav quote of the day: "I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party." -Ron White ...this might go to mod

how rude Cricket! I hate how people you know like to tell you about some miracle cure that they heard of or they are now Multi-Level Marketing...Like juice is all you need to be so super healthy...

My husband is super healthy! (except for one little problem((ALS)))

B

Hear Hear....

Yes, agree... "Everything happens for a reason" gets on my last nerve! I'm a Special Ed. Teacher... I see students with MD, CP, and the list is long..
They brought that on? Really? And, all the children shot in the theatre or the school shootings? What is the Reason? Really?
My husband is a Vet. You mean the 60% ALS/Vet Connected is something they brough on themselves? Really?
We have two people that have approached us for healing... and I do believe... But really, for $$. Go to this person...that person.. pay this pay that?
Really?
I've experienced miracles in my own life and I believe as I have said, but not everyone receives a healing... Bottom line, we all have to die! We don't get to pick how we go!
The second person that wanted to help wanted to share their vitamin program. I take vitamins! But, ALS is bigger than any vitamin!
Really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back