Learn about ALS
Country
BUL
State
Plovdiv
City
Sofia
Hi guys,

Really appreciate your time and admire your will so will try to keep it as short as possible.

I am 26-year-old male. My symptoms started three weeks ago after couple of weeks of intensive workouts(not sure if related). Initially, it was a feeling of persistent weakness in my left hand shortly after the last workout. Of course, I took a break. However, for the next week the weakness has spread to my other hand and both legs. The feeling was like a constant muscle fatigue. From time to time I had this burning sensation in addition to the fatigue. The other thing is, these symptoms were a lot more more evident for the left part of my body.

During the second week the weakness become intermittent and when some small x amount of activity is done. Unfortunately, then the muscle twitching started all over my body, but again more persistent on left leg and left arm. My thumb also started "jumping" a couple of days ago. Now the frequency is more rare but the toes on my left foot feel a little numb. It has been couple of days since the twitching started and it's been almost three weeks from the initial symptoms I am becoming worried. No clinical weakness for now, at least not one I am aware of.

Do you think it could be ALS ? Have an appointment scheduled but can’t stop thinking about it. :sad: Thank you a lot :)

No, you're not describing ALS.

I would ask a strength coach or physio to review your workout with you, for starters. It is often best to vary high and low intensity sets within the same week, not between weeks.

If nothing jumps out, you should see your primary care physician.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Laurie, thanks a lot for the prompt response! Feel a lot better now. Tbh, today I felt my left feet as if it’s squeezed a couple of times. Didn’t look like a cramp or something, probably some kind of spasm with tingling. Sorry, don’t want to be annoying, probably the anxiety steps in. :?:?

Yup.

Your mind can conjure up enough symptoms for you to chase your life long. But that's no way to spend a life.

Just a quick update :) The Neuro exam went well, the doctor said that if the symptoms persist in the next two weeks he will schedule an EMG. When I asked about ALS, he simply said “it’s not als”. Hopefully he is right, the soreness and fasculations are still there on and off :( Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back