Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:
LYour 3 open threads have been merged.
Please stay in this one

Christian,
I really believe there is not even a remote possibility you have ALS. I think you should work with your doctor and psychiatrist and stop posting on this board. I know it's hard but I think it will help you to stop thinking about ALS.

Convinced I have this

Hey all, so my symptoms have continued for a month now. Still feel like I'm losing dexterity in the finets on my right hand, mainly the thumb. I also now have a constant twitch in my right bicep which is scaring me to death as it goes through my sleep. My anxiety is through the roof. I went to a neuro a week ago and he said he doesn't notice any weakness, he didn't even order an emg. Also noticing some atrophy in my right hand in the hypothenar muscle on the side of my palm. Things feel much heavier in my right hand. Also finding it veey hard to chew however my GP thinks thats becasue my jaws are so tense because of the stress. I feel as if ALS is undeniable at this point. I'm only 20 and this is terrifying. So I have a few questions. Could atrophy occur this quickly? (Within 4 weeks) And is it possible to have limb and bulbar onset at the same time? Thank you

Re: Convinced I have this

Hey buddy-

I'm sure you don't mean to come across as disrespectful, however, that's what's happening here. You are persisting in using this forum to solicit agreement and sympathy for your anxiety from people who are really suffering and struggling with a terrible disease. Please get proper help from someone who can work with you one on one for your anxiety and let the people here deal with their ALS, or their loved one's ALS.

You must stop this. It's not ok any more.

I apologize I don't intend that but I'm just showing a lot of symptoms. I also have spasticity in my right forearm which really scares me

There you go again: I'm sorry, but I also have.... You've told us that you have severe health anxiety and you've been told that you don't have ALS. Again, please seak help for your anxiety.
People here ARE dieing. Some are totally paralyzed and manipulating forum pages with their eyes is difficult, so, believe it or not, getting past your post to get to another actually is difficult for many of our members. You are making their very limited lives much harder. Please work with your physician and visit an anxiety board. Best of luck to you.
Becky

I think this is the OP's fourth thread ignoring our advice. If he comes back, I'll ban him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back