Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
Uni
State
TEXAS
City
El Paso
We have had 4 calls this morning from different VA entities. One being the neurologist himself. He told us he was giving us his second opinion without making my husband go through all the tests again, based on the studies he has been able to obtain. Another call from Benefits and a call from the SBA person. Another about setting up medical visits with the computer. I'm so very grateful that our fighting the VA is finally over. A person should not have to go out with ALS and fighting too.

I was told that reaching out to Robert McDonald made the difference and I would have never known to do that without advice from this forum. THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME! That's what this forum is all about...helping each other navigate through this terrible disease and get the help we need. I will be forever grateful.
Michelle AND Al

Wonderful news Michelle. I am so glad you were able to get this all settled. The amount of knowledge on this forum is incredible and is so muc brtter than any other advocates. Hope all who read this learn that if they are dealing with any issues to bring it up amongst the wonderful people on this forum.

I was told that reaching out to Robert McDonald made the difference.

Well, well. That's enlightening. Thanks.

Once again Mike comes thru! The info I passed onto you Michelle, came from Mike and another Cals. That's what I love about this site....wehelp each other! Glad things are going in a positive direction! What a great way to go into the weekend!

Michelle that is great news. Three big cheers for Mike! You are a gem Mike.

Fabulous news Michelle! This, at least, is one less worry for you and your husband.

Aw shucks.:oops:

Happy for Michelle.

Wonderful news! Michelle, I'm so glad for you. Hopefully you will now experience how GOOD the VA can be! Mike, you ARE the man!

Michelle, we are all cheering for you and for hero Mike! Mike, if this continues, you may have to get a Crown for your picture! ( or a bigger size hat! Lol)

Thanks Mike! That was a golden nugget of information for sure! We're going to be as okay as we can be now...he will have what he needs and that's all I care about. Bless you!

We all need things to be easier for us as we travel this journey. I wish it was as simple as the saying...keep it simple Simon.
Love Gem

I just threatened to use the info and they took care of our issue. Glad Michelle the response was very quick. I bet the neuro who had the attitude heard all about it.

Brilliant news, Michelle. I'm delighted. xx

HAPPY DANCE HERE!

What a relief, truly.

Mike you really need a crown ...

We have had 4 calls this morning from different VA entities. One being the neurologist himself. He told us he was giving us his second opinion without making my husband go through all the tests again, based on the studies he has been able to obtain. Another call from Benefits and a call from the SBA person. Another about setting up medical visits with the computer. I'm so very grateful that our fighting the VA is finally over. A person should not have to go out with ALS and fighting too.

I was told that reaching out to Robert McDonald made the difference and I would have never known to do that without advice from this forum. THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME! That's what this forum is all about...helping each other navigate through this terrible disease and get the help we need. I will be forever grateful.
Michelle AND Al

Michelle, you may also want to call the VA Caregiver support line as well for assistance.

Caregiver Support Line1-855-260-3274 toll-free -

Also, reach out to the VFW as well, sometimes they can offer assistance as well. Contact the local VFW post in the city that you live in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back